GET SERIOUS PEOPLE . . .

Hey,

I have been going thru this Blog day and night and I have been seeing lots of arrangement and comments on meeting up but no one ever did  " I think " or maybe they did but just a few number of times, or it was just a total failure.

I think its the high time where we can create a committee here in Riyadh under the Expat.com name AKA E.B.Riyadh and start arranging for activities and weekend plans hence parties and meet ups. We are all Expats here, we come from different cultures and backgrounds, lets mingle and learn about each other and be smart, you never know you could build a great connection with a person who is on this Blog and works for a great Organization or company and you just be lucky to have his ideas and all.

Throw in your idea's and thoughts. Plus Expat.com Admins need a helping hand in this one to boom. Think about it guys.

:one

Priscilla wrote:

:one

Unfortunately no action upon it is made. Un-less we create a group special for expt-blog nothing might come up

Well ,since time immemorial we have tried everything but alas in vain ,but nevermind i am back and i am totally in  but "Hydere_gm" come up with something concrete, so that we might have bigger picture.

Djzubaid wrote:

Well ,since time immemorial we have tried everything but alas in vain ,but nevermind i am back and i am totally in  but "Hydere_gm" come up with something concrete, so that we might have bigger picture.

Well, concrete you need, in order for me to provide such, I need a foundation. We really need to create a dedicated group for Expat.com, Where we have organizer, team leaders, people with connections at compounds or hotels and other resorts, people good in with experience and good in finance organizing. We need to be open to each other and create this, share contact details, organizing and be sending out tickets for parties and meet ups.

Hydere_gm wrote:

Well, concrete you need, in order for me to provide such, I need a foundation. We really need to create a dedicated group for Expat.com, Where we have organizer, team leaders, people with connections at compounds or hotels and other resorts, people good in with experience and good in finance organizing. We need to be open to each other and create this, share contact details, organizing and be sending out tickets for parties and meet ups.

Alright ,well lets see this way.First we make a group or like a post and invite all the members who are serious and interested ,well if that doesn't work then why cant we go on to make a whatsapp group ,though many users including me have discouraged this in the past ,but if all else fails then why not. Any better ideas.

In my country and the city where I used to live (and countries I've been to), we have these kind of events:

1. "thirstday" - during Thursday, local people come together to have a drink and chill on cozy bars. It is also the time we welcome foreign travelers, give tips on their destinations, exchange travel experiences, et. Al.

2. Dinner club -members visit different kind of resto (mostly expensive ones) once a week. A time to introduce your own cuisine (foreigners and the like) and discuss about it if you are willing.

3. Language Exchange group - it speak for itself

4. Non-aircon kainan (eating out) society - this is a group where members find cheap, affordable and money worth-it restaurant (usually affordable buffet type, those with great deals, etc)

We also have those impromptu hiking, travel, camping, house party, volunteering works, etc.
Damn! These are the things I am missing. Lol

So... Take your pick..  :D