Extending visa the cheaper way?

Hello me and my friend are running up on our visa soon we have extended once an been here close to 6 months. Where  ever we go and ask, all prices to extend 3 months are very high between 130 and 160. Why so much when you are in Vietnam? to fly in an get a fresh Visa we paid 95 for 3 months with multiple exits.

Would it be Cheeper to go somewhere like Laos because we want to go there and apply for new visa on arrival?

The quotes you got were very, very high.

If you do a border run you have to figure the cost of a visa, cost of transportation, cost of accommodation, etc.

You don't say where you are physically - may the Travel Agency types have figured out the costs. Or it might be an Immigration Department scam.

In downtown Hue there is an Immigration office, usually no one is in there. They occasionally issue passports to VNese. But if a Foreigner goes there for a visa extension they tell them to go to one of two travel agents (there are many in town). They claim they don't speak English (the Immigration forms are mainly bilingual!)

This means the Travel Agents can charge high (nearest other Immigration office is in Da Nang) and make plenty of 'tea' money for Immigration. And what gets me is several Immigration officers spoke English.

If you are in HCM I could send you the address of a wholesale Travel Agent who charges less.

I am in HCM an address would be very helpful I would just like to extend my visa without 5 hands in my pocket.

Hi guy ! 

I often extended visa for my foreigner employee before, and I often used the services of 2 travel agencies below:

1. Viet Media Travel Corp - 175 Nguyễn Thái BÌnh Street, District 1, HCMC. Contact person: Mr. Lợi - 098 514 7434 or 3914 6688 to contact him. He handles making visa, passport section.

2. Hải Phong Travel Co. - 195 Trần Bình Trọng, Disitrict 5, HCMC. Contact person: Ms. Long - 090 373 5276 or 3838 3926 to contact her..

I used to search many agencies to make visa, but in my opinion, the two above are cheapest agencies I work with.

P/S: I do not PR for them, just want to share information for your reference.

BR.

Seath forder wrote:

Would it be Cheeper to go somewhere like Laos because we want to go there and apply for new visa on arrival?

It is a good idea just in case you were willing to spend a bigger amount for the whole trip (as a vacation). My expat friends in Hue used to apply this practice and it really works since the distance from Hue to Laos border is only 160km. So, all depends on where you are now and what's the purpose of your trip :) Gud luck!

Jaitch wrote:

In downtown Hue there is an Immigration office, usually no one is in there. They occasionally issue passports to VNese. But if a Foreigner goes there for a visa extension they tell them to go to one of two travel agents (there are many in town). ..

My former foreign colleagues had no problem with their applications for visa extension at Hue Immigration Office at all, as long as they've got a working permit :)

I think the guys at the Immigration Office were more 'helpful' that way when suggesting you to use the service from a tourist agency rather than having to comply with the Vnese laws to exit and then immigrate again ;)

I don't believe any Travel Agency who can offer good prices. I guess it is the first time you extended your visa, if so try to do directly without contacting any service.

Believe me. YOU CAN DO IT!

Dejavu.dot wrote:

I don't believe any Travel Agency who can offer good prices. I guess it is the first time you extended your visa, if so try to do directly without contacting any service.

Believe me. YOU CAN DO IT!

I agree! Travel agencies will promise you that various kinds of visas are available and they will charge you accordingly. The reality is that the authorities are clamping down on visas and if you are caught with a dodgy visa, the company that the travel agent used to support your visa application will be in deep merde, as will the agent. And you may be barred from entering Vietnam for three years or more.

Hi to all!

Same.querry as above mentioned.Just wanna renew my Visa B3.  But im planning to do it in Hochiminh City.Hoping that travel agency mentioned above offer a cheapest price Coz here in hanoi it takes so much money and it really takes a long time before I got it. I dont know anyone in Hochiminh. Hoping that you can give me more agent who will.help me to get a b3 visa in cheapest one there in Hcmc. And cheapest hotel to stay for 3 to.5 days..

Thanks..)