Studying Persian

I'm living in Ho Chi Minh city. Is there anyone know where I can study Farsi (Persian)?
Thank you.

Hi,  why do you want to study farsi?

I was lucky to have chances to be friends with Iranian when I was in Australia. They are very friendly and lovely people. I like their songs, their foods, their dance moves and now would love to study Farsi.

I am afraid that you cant find a Farsi teacher in HCM.

too bad. Let's see. Maybe I am lucky :)

There are just 3-5 Iranian living in HCM. I suggest you to find an online teacher

I tried an online Persian teacher but it is too hard to learn the pronunciation.

:D so change into Arabic!

I am half-persian and living in Saigon... but cannot speak the language as i was born in London :)

Mi_Ara wrote:

I'm living in Ho Chi Minh city. Is there anyone know where I can study Farsi (Persian)?
Thank you.

Hi hi hi Mi_Ara :D

So happy to know that someone here studying Farsi too. I love Farsi and studying it online on EasyPersian.com. It's a great page.

What is the page you are learning? Did you find any teacher (online/ offline)? Please  share your experience! :)

Sound persian is popular in vn now...

Mi_Ara wrote:

I was lucky to have chances to be friends with Iranian when I was in Australia. They are very friendly and lovely people. I like their songs, their foods, their dance moves and now would love to study Farsi.

Yes real friendly, that boat trip in that expensive, illegal ,leaky boat, would make you want to be friends with EVERYBODY.
http://www.darkendeavors.com/imbedded_images/09262007cartoon3.gif

:D Bluenz loves to post fun picture these days.

I just love the language because it's sound sweet (so sweet), their culture is unique too.

Not mention about the government :D

And Persian literature is stunning (poem poem poem :D )

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

their culture is unique too.

They have over 3000 years of history and civilization behind them as well.
Persepolis: Glory of Ancient Persia

senwl wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Unfortunately 2999 of these years was spent fighting with every other country and religion.

bluenz wrote:
senwl wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Unfortunately 2999 of these years was spent fighting with every other country and religion.

It was because of the expansionist Greeks who wanted to 're-create' history by plundering the riches of Persia and conquering other countries.  That was the beginning.
Then the Muslim conquest happened in 650 AD and with it came sectoral fighting, common across that region....even today.

The roots of this ancient civilization go back before 650 AD, in the  'Zoroastrian' era when the Persian civilization and its empire flourished in education, art, architecture and engineering.
Educated Iranians still hold that rich culture close to their hearts. Their literature, music, art etc. are still rich in that ancient flavour.

They are friendly and cultured people. While in VN, I met two of them, one a lady married to my then-colleague (a Danish guy) and another a common man with a VN wife and children (they met and got married in Japan), running a small Japanese restaurant in Hanoi. There are only a handful of Iranians living in Vietnam, I presume.

senwl wrote:

While in VN, I met two of them, one a lady married to my then-colleague (a Danish guy) and another a common man with a VN wife and children (they met and got married in Japan), running a small Japanese restaurant in Hanoi. There are only a handful of Iranians living in Vietnam, I presume.

I wonder if we know the same Iranian man. Does the Iranian man you know has a visa company in Ha noi too?

Dejavu.dot wrote:
senwl wrote:

While in VN, I met two of them, one a lady married to my then-colleague (a Danish guy) and another a common man with a VN wife and children (they met and got married in Japan), running a small Japanese restaurant in Hanoi. There are only a handful of Iranians living in Vietnam, I presume.

I wonder if we know the same Iranian man. Does the Iranian man you know has a visa company in Ha noi too?

He didn't have any such business at that time back in 2011-2012. He and his VN wife were working hard all day (day-night) in their small Japanese restaurant. They had two kids and he was worried about their education, future etc. That's all I know.

Mi_Ara wrote:

I wish I was living there to help you.
Actually, my desire is to live in Vietnam, because I love Vietnamese people.

bluenz wrote:

Iranian people are very peaceful. Don't look at our government. We don't like them.
Iran rarely has begun any war. It has been just defending in almost all the history. ;)

Thank you all guys for your nice words about Iran and our people.  :):heart:

Hi,

I come from Iran and currently living in Ho chi minh city,

Im pleased to teach you Persian language fluently,

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the public forum.

Hello vfatahian

You may drop an advert in the appropriate section for the Persian language tutoring you wish to offer :

> Language classes in Ho Chi Minh City

Kenjee

Hi, how are you? You just move to Saigon?

Hi
im iranian and i live in hochiminh city
if you realy want to learn persian (Farsi) maybe i can help you
please contact me, my e-mail ****

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls