Tips and advice

Hi ... I am from the uk  im 54 years old im a plumber by trade ... and I am looking to relocate in bulgaria but I keep hearing bad things about being ripped off and property being burgled ... could you please give me any tips and advice  ?  Many thanks keith

hi geordie1960

forget about the rumors - the crime risk here is generally low. Property may be burgled basically everywhere, but in Bulgaria, if you live in your house/flat it will probably not happen.  Of course if you have a house in a depopulated village, where only gipsies live - then the risk is considerable, but in the cities and villages with bulgarians - no.
Having good neighbours is very important if you consider buying property in a village.

Hi Geordie 1960 ,
like Kristiann said depending where you live and if your property is lived in or not, we live in a good village just outside Ruse , we did buy a proprety in another village a few years back to do up , but the logistics of trying to work from the U.K. and keep an eye on the place was impossible, so we thought of buying another place to move into and we could work on it from a closer point, but sadly that has not happened as the house we now live in is better for us now, but the other house has had the gypsies  visit and things have gone walkies, anything metal, inc wire for the electrics, also tiles off the barn.so if you have not brought yet just come over and see where abouts you think you want to live and speak to other ex pats on the site, we don't bite,and if you ask them they will give you the same answer as i will give , it's the best move we have ever made.all the best , Adrian & Lynn.