Italian passport renewal / new passport and Iqama

Hi,
My passport is due for renewal in February, however I will be travelling home for christmas before then and would like to sort passport before December.
Does anybody know about the Iqama when renewing an italian passport.... will my passport number be the same or will I have to apply again for my iqama as the details will no longer match up.

Any help is appreciated
:)

Hi.. Shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you have old passport along when you passing by imegression.

Get your passport sorted and bring it with you. Once you are here you can ask your company govt. relations officer to update your new passport number on iqama details. Its a one day job. Your renewal can happen as per normal. Iqama number does not change.

Thankyou so much, so all my boss has to do is call the people in the iqama office and they will update my details on the system? I do not need to apply for a new Iqama?

Rosarialily wrote:

Thankyou so much, so all my boss has to do is call the people in the iqama office and they will update my details on the system? I do not need to apply for a new Iqama?

Well it doesn't work over a phone call. But one of yer boss's employees or himself, who ever the official rep is will need to take yer passport to the passport's office and update the information against your iqama, and voila!

Rosarialily wrote:

Hi,
My passport is due for renewal in February, however I will be travelling home for christmas before then and would like to sort passport before December.
Does anybody know about the Iqama when renewing an italian passport.... will my passport number be the same or will I have to apply again for my iqama as the details will no longer match up.

Any help is appreciated
:)

You don't need to change your iqama just because you have renewed the passport but when is it expiring? It must remain valid until you are back in the kingdom.
New passport number will not match in the system so you must bring expired and renewed passports with you on your way back.
To update Jawazat system, you must hand both passports to Admin and ask them to transfer details.

Thankyou for your help!
I will be renewing my passport in Riyadh and I believe that when I have the new one they take the old one from me.
It expires in February

Rosarialily wrote:

Thankyou for your help!
I will be renewing my passport in Riyadh and I believe that when I have the new one they

take the old one from me

It expires in February

Never heard old passport being taken, usually old passport has 'cancel' stamp and returned to owner.