What is it like living in egypt?

iam currently rely finkin about moving to egypt as iam so tired of uk . i want something new and add more experiences in my life . i have always love egypt . the history and the energy is what i look for from there . i hope to find it ..and educate my self . so maybe somebody can tell me something .. either their experience in egypt the good or the bad

Hi Princesszainab and welcome to Expat.com! :)
Don't hesitate to browse the forum for more information.
Cheers
Arlette

Welcome, I'm Egyptian live in Cairo
If you have an inquiry I'm here

did u ever watch that movie? called "cairo time"?

It is chaotic , energetic , dusty , noisy and disorganised but the people are kind , enjoy a laugh, are generally respectful , somedays you will hate being there other days you will smile and love every moment of it and when you leave you will miss it

:)

deborah45 wrote:

It is chaotic , energetic , dusty , noisy and disorganised but the people are kind , enjoy a laugh, are generally respectful , somedays you will hate being there other days you will smile and love every moment of it and when you leave you will miss it

deborah45 wrote:

All that besides you wont be able to drive in Egypt no way u wont survive 15 min without an accident.....driving is more than just driving in Egypt....only an Egyptian can drive in Egypt.

I have to agree.. people dont know how to form a line.. lol its just a big group waiting, i think its hilarious mostly. but things do take long. also for sure when you leave you'll be sad. I can never stay away from egypt too long or I get depressed.:)

and when there is an accident everyone close comes running over to help. theres a big community feeling..i love to watch this. sorry for any accidents though.

Mido84 wrote:
deborah45 wrote:

All that besides you wont be able to drive in Egypt no way u wont survive 15 min without an accident.....driving is more than just driving in Egypt....only an Egyptian can drive in Egypt.

deborah45 wrote:

Exactly!
Also there is difference in which part of Egypt you would like to live in I mean tourist area (Hurghada, Sharm ElShekih ect.) or Cairo? Remember Cairo = traffic jams (so slow difficult to imagine ;))

hurghada is like a sleepy beach town i love it.

it is true :);)

deborah45 wrote:

I just moved here from NYC, USA about 7 weeks ago and I think it's the best thing I ever did. I moved here for pretty much the same reasons you mentioned and it is very different from the west. It will take time for you to get used to the culture but it really isn't that much different. People are people everywhere you go. I think you'll like it here if you look at with an open mind and look at the positive aspects of Egypt. It is a wonderful place to be. Good luck on your move.