Planning on moving to Lisbon Portugal

I'm very new to this so bear with me!
My name is Emily and I'm 22 years old. Both my parents were born and raised in Portugal. We go just about every summer to visit family and I fall in love every single time I go. I work full time in America and I plan on going back to school, but I would like to study in Lisbon. Me and my family own an Apt. In Cacém, lisbon which is convenient for me. I'm a little nervous about the move and getting started. The economy in Portugal is pretty bad so I'm nervous I won't be able to find a job. Open to suggestions and advice from anyone, please reply!  :)

Hey Emily,

I haven't lived in Portugal for 5 years because I moved over here for college and to work, but I have my family and all my friends whom i have kelt in touch with this whole time. They update me on everything which  allows me share a post.

Going to Portugal to study is a great bet. The educational systems are great and you will find many other english speakers to connect with.

In terms of jobs, I think you should really be prepared to find it very difficult to be employed. When you read about the financial crisis it's really THAT bad! My mom tells me to stay in the US for a better future. It's just bad. If i didn't have a job offer to go back, i wouldn't go bc of the low employment rates.  Now Good news: if you know Portuguese, you can always try to work at restaurants. They normally look for English speakers to reach out for tourists and stuff.

Hope this helps a bit. Dont let the finances hold you back. There is always a way, out of no way. Maybe you can save enough from the US, to keep you well though the year. That way you won't have to worry so much about money while you trying to study and get your degree. When I was a teen in Portugal I would come work in the US for the summer, and during the school year I would always have money until the summer came around again.  (Just an idea)

Cheers,
Mika