Investments in Dominican Republic

I see the only way to make money in the dominican republic is to invesy capitol .
labor is cheep rent is cheep especially in Santiago,
does anyone know how public taxi licences work. called conchos
yhey are like busses they have roots and people jump in and out for 2o peisos .50 cents
i was told you vcan buy a licence and rent it to a driver taht they pay you each month or bi weekly for the rental odf the licence
if you let them use youre car you get even more money 9 of course then therer is mecanical ishues, fender bnders or worse etc
If you buy the licence apx $10-15,000 us you get paid less but no car hassels
ANY IDEA FOR CAPITAL INVESTMESTMENT WITH LITTLE DAY TO DAY WORK ???

Unless  you live here and have an in with the transportation union you have ZERO chance of starting or running a taxi, moto, pulico business here and a good chance of risking life and limb.

The best way to leave the DR with a million dollars in your pocket is to arrive with two million to start with.

Like anywhere else in the world you have to work and here work hard to make money.  Making money with little work does not exist here in any LEGAL manner.

BObK

So for someone who asked a question about it, you sure know a lot about that.  Yes, you are pretty much correct - except the cars are mostly uninsured, driven into the ground, they are  maniacs on the road and it is YOUR investment......Ok. one way to go.

On the second note - after years in this country seeing, watching and observing business that works - why would anyone tell someone else about it???  Just curious.  We get asked this weekly.  I for one work hard to come up with ideas and help others work through ideas...........so not about to discuss on a public forum.

Got questions - we will answer to the best of our ability and knowledge...

Whooops  forgot - welcome to the forums!!!!

i also sing and play piano American Standards jazz, clasic rock,pop, county, no Buchatta or merange
were woud i have a chance to play i am a profesional for 30 years

only wanted to but the licence seemed like an 8-10 percent profit

i am a profesional singer piano player American standards  jazz, clasic rock, pop , soul. R&B motown
american stud 
any  ideas were i mite work     resorts , tourest places the super rich i am told like American music the regular fokl only like Buchatta, merangee

Yes there are lots of local bars and clubs that have "live" music and many times Rock, jazz and such.  I know here on the north coast most of the folks play for beer money.  NO real money to be made.

Bob K

There is real money to be made in the capital!

And lots of "regular folks" listen to other music!!!