New to KL and "struggling" a little to build a new life - any tips?

Hello all .. hoping someone can offer suggestions please .. Am new to KL having moved here at the end of August 2014. The first few days and week were brilliant finding my way around etc but now I seem to have come to an impasse and struggling a little to "connect" on a social level with expats/locals to find like-minded people to just "hang out" with or those who are part of groups who do things at the weekend and looking for new members to join or expand the group. Can anyone who is a member of a group help? Am based not too far from Brickfields/KL Sentral, am employed and just seeking new friends/experiences to make me feel like moving to KL was a brilliant idea!! Many thanks in advance. L

Join internations dot org as it is the only way to have a social life in KL.

Hello and welcome

If it makes u feel better I must say you are not the only one. To find like minded people and the same social network as you had back home is not easy. 

However, I usually keep myself busy with meeting friends who I know from back home, play squash etc. Happy to meet me for a coffee

Cheers

The group mentioned above (internations) has a lot of activity groups and many of them match your interests. It is quite a lively and large bunch of people from a huge amount of countries and the best of all is many of the active members are Malaysian. Its free to join and receive basic services. If you join, take a look at the Events  and the Groups (Activity). For a small upgrade monthly fee there is more access to activities.