Relocating from USA to Bangalore in October.. housing/school advice

hello All

We are from England but currently living in the USA and we are due to move to Bangalore in October 2010. 

My husbands work would be in the Peenya Bangalore, Karnataka area, where would be the best place to look for rented houses in the commute distance as I hear traffic is awful. Pref would live a house not an apartment.  is there any gated communities in the area.

also looking for suggestions of good international school for 6 year old and 3 year old. 

Any other information that may help our move would be great

I am from Bangalore and live in NY. I might have something suitable for you.  Please send me necessary info to reach you.

Do contact me.I will be able to assist you. Been in Bangalore for 4 years and assisted many expats.

Hey!

You can live in Whitefield area, best place for expat living.

Ani

Hi expats

Welcome to Bangalore !

I have seen lots of reply about your schooling option. We have also faced same problem when we arrived Bangalore last year.

As an expats i would suggest you to personally visit all schools and then decide.
When you visit any schools,please ask these questions....

* Check out no. of foreign nationalities.
* No. of expats faculties.
* Class Sizes (In India generally class sizes are (45-60)
* Extra Curricular Activities they offer.
* Infrastructure and FEES

NOTE- Because in Bangalore all schools claim to be an International School.

We took almost 1 month to decide on school.Then one of my ex- colleague suggested a school called- TRIO WORLD SCHOOL, which is a premier British International school in Bangalore.

We visited this school and found all my answers. Our kids like its lively and colorful classes.

Trio's Feature- trioworldschool.com

They have almost 24 nationalities kids.
They have almost expats faculties (please interact with them)
Class size is are max- 12 kids

As an expats i would like to Include TRIO as an option. Please visit them, once you are in Bangalore.

Bangalore lot of good silent and secured locates are there to live on..
for kids Euro kids is one of reasonably good nursery school...