Hello

I never been to Saudi Arabia before , can you guys tell me a like bit about the life there

Hello I'm new to this site can how's life I'm Saudi

Incompleteness !!

What do you mean?

http://www.expatsblog.com/contests/284/ … a-is-great

@Ashwin, stop scaring the lady. Despite not being an american or eu passport holder. Our lives are completely different from the life she will have. Hence, come on I hate Saudi Arabia more than you do but I have my reasons since I was born here and I have seen more and know better. Saudi Arabia true is a boring country and are strict on there laws but there also is a fun in it. For instants, Open cities such as Jeddah and Khobar. People living in the compound live differently from the way many do. Hence its not this country to make your life awesome here its you to know how to make it a haven, beautiful and definitely a place to gain free experience. You can change your life in Saudi Arabia in making it a joyful place by wanting to and ignoring the racist people.

I say its a place where you just make easy money and at the same time affordable cool sites to enjoy.

@hydere 
Money isn't everything !!

@Ashwin,

Well if it isn't for money, why am I here or why are you here in a Tax free country while gaining the salary. If money wasn't everything then you and I are better off in our own countries.

...my point of view we are both here to make money and gain experience, or in my case and many like me our parent were here to make money to have that piece of bread in their tummy as well as their kids.

Am not saying money is everything but I say 89.99 percent of Indian's Pakistani's Sudanese Kenyan's Indonesians Philipinos and many other nationalities are here mainly to earn and build back there in there country or others to take care of there parents and family.

Don't disagree with that now

Nt 89.99% , 100% expats are here in ksa to earn money & to feed their family yes, i do agree with you. But the core of Nicob31's question is " How is life in saudi?? "
Watever...I explained what I felt & it's the same feeling which all my collegues & 99% expats goin through.that all from my side !! Let her come here & write her experience for us !!
Thank you hydere & nicob31 :) stay happy guys !!
Happy blogging !!

@ Ashwin

I will give you a good reason why that is so. I will give you a good reason why 99% plus yourself and colleagues are not satisfied. Simply its because this country for the past 30 + years its been hiring blindly and lets thank God for that. They hire people 9 out of 10 are un educated or just high-school leavers. Arabs most of them don't work they live the job to you  and me. This brings to a problem ( that has a solution although ) which is the job being done by un qualified employee who might either google it up or just experienced person. This leads to work being hard and a load on one's shoulder. I work in FedEx and am sure you have experienced or heard alot of our problems despite being one the top five companies in Saudi Arabia and outside Saudi Arabia in courier business, but why do we fail always why cant it succeed because its either there is a lazy person handling you shipment, or an un educated brother trying hard to read your address or just a fool and you know who they are ignoring and denying to work. It is a great place for those educated and it is a hell for those un educated. And this is our faults denying to educate ourselves back in college or highschool. So to this case brother, you understand well by seeing clearly the majority are un educated thats why they are having hard time. Despite there gender or nationality. Beside the rumor has it, KAFEEL system is soon to end. So inshort joyful and freedom life is on its way.

Dear Hydere
Indians are not so bad
We have build a name for ourselves in many parts of the world
All Indians are not uneducated or cleaners, drivers
Broaden your horizon about Indians

Let's not get into a debate about Indians please

@vijith732

Where did I ever mentioned Indians are bad?
In fact did I even use the word " BAD " or pointed a finger to any nationality apart from arabs themselves in general. I don't think so.

Since you brought it up, let me say a thing or two for the Indians back in Saudi Arabia..They are a group of people who are 50/50 I can say. When they are good they are good and can please and help you since they are so knowledgable " My doctor for instants ". But when they are bad, I think its better for me either to fight " not physical" or back of a few meters for they are able to ruin your name or career. Talking based on experience like working with them and people who once used to be friends. Plus the rumors has it all.

But thats my own experience many experience differently from them. Some have good terms with them some not. Some hate them some not. Some just don't know until they see for themselves if you know what I mean.

Besides its not Indians only, my own nationality Kenyans who we actualy are a few in numbers but am sure 99% percent are well known for there politeness honesty and kindness. But there are who aren't really the same which myself I backed away from a Kenyan for his habits and issues. That can ruin my career and name in Saudi Arabia.

I might hate only to things about Indians there temper ( they might not yell at you but might really screw you up ) and they being so tribalism. Most would only love to help there own kind and you know that very well you see it being done alot in your own country.

Hey i can reply to The trxt

@ Nicob

What do you mean ?

Im trying to send you a message to The site we were using before amd i cant i dont know Why

Hi all,

Could we get back to the topic now.
@Nicob31: Please be a little more explicit in your query.
What do you want to know exactly?

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

everything is okay apart from not being able to drink alcohol, drive, have a boyfriend, go to the movies.
That's it.