Accommodation assistance in Brussels

Hello,

I have to travel to Brussels on WP sometime next month. The stay period may vary from 6 to 12 months or even more. I have to Join below area as work place -

Tata Consultancy Services
Boulevard Brand Whitlock 87,
1200 Woluwe -St-Lambert,
Brussels, Belgium

I have to carry my family ( wife and a kid) along with me. Kindly assist me especially on accommodation front - Nearby economical area, flat (will 1 BR be sufficient ? , as I do not want to invest more money on monthly rent), convenience, average monthly expenditure for a normal life etc.... Also, what things I can carry with me to smoothen initial phase...

-Shiva

Some helpful threads: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#2122723
For accommodation: immoweb.be  (1200 and 1140 (evere) postcodes looks accessible to your office)  -- Please note that apartments/houses normally demand a minimum 1 year contract. For shorter durations, you may have to depend on a business flat (serviced residence) - like bbf.be

To bring:
- Winter clothes (yes, it is coming :) )
- A small pressure cooker (for dal, etc)
- Mixer/grinder (if you use it a lot)
- Emergency medicines (to use till you settle down here and find a doc etc),
- If your kid is small then his/her vaccination history, etc.

Available here:
- All Indian groceries like lentils, masalas, whole and ground spices, rice & flour, etc.

Hope this helps..

Additional note: I know there are a lot of families living here, on on-site assignments from TCS. You can search internally and talk to TCS guys who are already here with their families.

Regards
Aneesh