Where to live: Royal City or Times City?

Hi,

We are expats currently living in Hong Kong and will be moving to Hanoi next month.
My husband will be working and I will stay at home with the little one.
We'd like to live in a tranquil and family-friendly neighborhood with easy access to shops, English school (playgroup) and doctors.
We are considering Royal City and Times City as my husband's company recommended them.
Your thoughts and comments on Royal City and Times City are very much appreciated!

MissM

An important thing to consider in Ha Noi and many other cities is flooding.

Major parts of Ha Noi get flooded and living in a muddy swimming pool is really a drag.

Never sign on for any accommodation until you have considered things like transportation for children to school;transportation for you to go shopping, etc.

AND NEVER SIGN UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE PROPERTY. One person's castle is another's slum!

P.S. Ha Noi is cold in the winter, down to 0 Celsius, make sure there is heating! Central (as in whole building) is best and cheapest.

Hi! we will consider those points also, thanks!

I wonder if my reply is a bit late. Don't choose Royal City, the living environment there is severely polluted with noise from chillers (cooling tower placed on the lowest building) and smell from exhaust duct of retail floors. Most of apartments have one to two bedrooms with no window at all (this somehow works since you can't open your window or door to balcony anyway because of what I mention above).

Time City is a bit far from the City center and the traffic is quite bad.

Accommodation is not expensive in Hanoi. With around USD 1,000 to 1,200 you can have much better choice which is not too far from the city.