Driving from Riyadh to Dubai by Road

Hi
I am new in Riyadh and would like to travel to Dubai by car. Can expatriates travel across the border on their cars.

Someone please advise.

Regards
Hafeez

Hafeezg wrote:

Hi
I am new in Riyadh and would like to travel to Dubai by car. Can expatriates travel across the border on their cars.

Someone please advise.

Regards
Hafeez

Hii,ofcourse you can travel to dubai by car,well here is a detail thread regarding your question,that has unsurprisingly covered few years back.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=61650

Yes, its around 10 hours drive to Dubai, there are a couple of routes. Take the Riyadh - Dammam Rd - Houfuf - UAE route, even though 100km longer than the "empty quarter" route, its much more convenient and safe.

search the forums for more information...there are detailed step by step instructions on immigration, customs etc. etc.

have fun!

1st Week of this month(2nd October 2014) I went to Dubai in my Car with my Family. I went through Batha-Sila Boarder of UAE. I got on arrival visa.But You have to keep Passport,Original Iqama and re-entry visa with you.Best of Luck. BT Dammam.

can I use my fathers car with out taking him along  Saudi number plate to travel Dubai.

sir iam working in riyadh, i have a valid visa and passport to travel. i have only the copy of my iqamma since i have to submit the original to my hospital where i work. can i travel by car with copy of iqamma and not orginal. please advise. than you

they won't issue a visa on border as you don't have the original iqama.  There is one alternative though, have a pre-arranged tourist visa from any of the travel agencies in dubai.