UK to Kuwaiti driving license - no degree

Hi everyone,
I am considering accepting a role in Kuwait, however I am concerned at the news I read from 2013 which says you must have a salary of >400kd, a degree and 2 years in Kuwait to get a Kuwaiti driving license.
However, I have also read conflicting stories about this being possible/not possible to get around.
Could anyone confirm what the situation is? I'm a British woman with a UK driving license (held for 9 years).
Thanks in advance!

To get a drivers license:
- At least 2 years in Kuwait
- 400+ salary
- University degree

Exemptions (the ones I know only):
- College students (in Kuwait)
- Dependent spouses who have children whose spouse is eligible for a drivers license

You can forget all of the above if you have the "master key" to drivers license .... WASTA!

Thank you for your reply. I've read so many contradictory exceptions (no length of residency required for judges, legal experts etc) but can't get a clear answer! The Ministry of Interior doesn't even make mention of any requirements! I've gone as far as contacting the British Embassy and they can't tell me!
I've heard so much about "wasta" but realistically, how possible would it be for me to get a license using this?! I really don't want to have to rely on taxis!!!

I've had a Kuwait DL on two occasions now (two different times, two different projects) ... both times my employer processed the paperwork gave me a packet, and I was just guided through the physical steps with an interpreter.  I've never heard of a two year rule, I don't recall if my salary information was part of the packet (but it wouldn't surprise me), and I don't recall my diploma being part of the packet...  but again, I've never personally prepared it.  I do know though that there are ways around the two year issue, there had to be, because I've have the license twice, and have never been in country (total) for any two years running. 

(just giving feedback)  Good Luck  :)

oh yes, and I've always received my DL within the first month of arriving. 

Hope everyones week is going well  :)