Is 30k a good salary for malta?

Hello,

I am wondering if 30k is considered a good salary for malta e.g comfortable. i would be hoping to save some money also while there. wont be doing anything crazy, just regular few drinks the weekend and meal etc.

Thanks

yes

thanks for the quick reply, i work in i.t so hoping i can get 30 at a minimum.

you can live comfortably on less-many do - it does of course depend on what you expect to be able to do - and what your expectations are of "living comfortably"

i guess for me (actually two as my girlfriend will also be with me). would be hoping to do one or two holidays a year from malta maybe taking in some parts of europe. looking to get a fairly nice modern apt, i believe it will be in around 600/700 pm. other than that a trip home every once in a while.

Hello dingdangdoo

So as to know how much you will be able to save, I invite you to check out the threads in our section Cost Of living in Malta.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

dingdangdoo wrote:

i guess for me (actually two as my girlfriend will also be with me). would be hoping to do one or two holidays a year from malta maybe taking in some parts of europe. looking to get a fairly nice modern apt, i believe it will be in around 600/700 pm. other than that a trip home every once in a while.

I live with mywife and 2 kids, I am the only one working and we live brilliantly on 2000€/month after taxes. 3k monthly for 2 is like eating out every other night and so on.

First post here so please be gentle!

digdangdoo, i would be interested to hear of your experiences, as i too am looking to make the move to Malta with my new wife, i am also in IT, and also currently on 30k.

Just got back from our wedding at Seabank in Mellieha on sunday (it's our second time there - amazing!)

Anyway i'm just starting my research into Jobs, Housing etc etc if you wanna knowledge share i'd be happy to throw any useful info i find your way,