Moving to Chiang Mai in Feb!

Hi Guys,

Complete newbie to expatblog... so first of all hi!

I am moving to Chiang Mai in Febuary, I cant wait.

Just for fun and abit of research help for myself.....

Could you tell me where do you think the best area/place to live in Chiang Mai is?.... and why?

Cheers!

Hi Edward and welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to have a look at the topics here as well, you may find some information about the everyday life in Chiang Mai : https://www.expat.com/forum/213-1-every … g-mai.html

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Priscilla!

Thanks for the link! :-) much appriciated indeed!

If you want to get a reply I think you would need to give more information and be more specific...if you already have plans to actually 'move' to CM one would probably think you'd have more information by now.....just saying....

@Edwards9.
Where to live depends on your budget, lifestyle etc. Whether you want your own place, share a house or apartment.

I suggest you check online for a guesthouse or hotel and stay there for at least a month. Most places will give discounts for long term.

In the meantime get out and about, check out expat bars etc and ask for information on where to stay etc. Some shops that expats use often have ads for accommodation, cars, bikes etc displayed in their window. 

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com

I take it you have also checked out all about visas. You will need to factor in medical insurance cover into your costs too. Travel insurance will not cover you long term and often does not cover motorbike accidents or repatriation home.