Minh Thanh Hotel Nha Trang

Hi All!

I just had a reservation with this hotel in Nha Trang. However, they do not accept credit card payments and is asking me for a 50% down payment thru bank.

Any one familiar with the hotel? And also, I wanted to know if I can pay thru other bank to transfer to the one they mentioned (Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Khánh Hòa).

I actually asked them and still waiting for their feedback. I just find it odd to pay only thru the bank they mentioned.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds weird to me.  Why not book somewhere else (through Agoda)?  There's no shortage of places to stay in NT.

DanFromSF wrote:

Sounds weird to me.  Why not book somewhere else (through Agoda)?  There's no shortage of places to stay in NT.

Yeah, a bit odd. And it's also my first time to encounter such. I booked it with Booking.com for Tet Holiday on Feb. next year.

I'm not sure what your expectations are, but I had a nice stay at Phuy Quy 2 in NT.  The location is near the beach, the rooms are fine, and the staff is very nice.  If you go that route, try to book a room with a balcony.

I see. I also checked on that hotel but there are no available rooms on my preferred dates. Thanks.

Hi,

I guess you book the hotel by phone right? Many hotels of the middle of VN ask to pay 50% to keep customers cos there are many customers book hotels without coming(I am one of them). The trick is that don't book the hotel within 1-2 days before you arrive and tell them " Your hotel is the only hotel I book" (and they will think " it is hurry now. He will arrive soon") or just go to the hotel directly so that you don;t have to deposit any amount of money. The rooms are usually available.

I recommend you to visit agoda http://www.agoda.com/pages/agoda/defaul … 457698574# . You will see many better with the same price.

This is also a good one: http://www.agoda.com/sun-city-hotel-nha … pq4Q%3d%3d

What date do you want to go?

Regards

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Hi,

I guess you book the hotel by phone right? Many hotels of the middle of VN ask to pay 50% to keep customers cos there are many customers book hotels without coming(I am one of them). The trick is that don't book the hotel within 1-2 days before you arrive and tell them " Your hotel is the only hotel I book" (and they will think " it is hurry now. He will arrive soon") or just go to the hotel directly so that you don;t have to deposit any amount of money. The rooms are usually available.

I recommend you to visit agoda http://www.agoda.com/pages/agoda/defaul … 457698574# . You will see many better with the same price.

This is also a good one: http://www.agoda.com/sun-city-hotel-nha … pq4Q%3d%3d

What date do you want to go?

Regards

Hi and thanks. I actually booked using Booking.com and I guess I cannot change it anymore since I will have to pay a cancellation fee as they said. It is still far from now but I am planning to go on Feb 2015 during Tet Holiday.

namron wrote:

Hi and thanks. I actually booked using Booking.com and I guess I cannot change it anymore since I will have to pay a cancellation fee as they said. It is still far from now but I am planning to go on Feb 2015 during Tet Holiday.

I see. I just used booking.com once when I had to make approval letter cos they can supply the hotel booking without paying. The price of booking.com is higher than agoda cos the customers can cancel their booking for free ( I didn't give them my credit card number). You gave them your account's number?

By the way, pls check if this is the hotel you booked :

http://todaynhatrang.vn/khach-san-nha-n … 14924.html

I found their 2 bank accountS:
Vietcombank: 0061 001 041 594    (Owner: TRẦN VĂN LINH).
or the account they give you:
Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Khánh Hòa: 6011.000.000.6345 (Owner: Minh Thanh hotel Co, Ltd)

Regards

namron wrote:

Did you already give them money?  It doesn't sound like you did.  How are they going to charge you a cancellation fee if you haven't already paid them?

namron wrote:

All these hotel res systems are con jobs - Agoda is notorious, too.
Booking.Com took your reservation and a 5% deposit charged to your card? This is money they keep, as their commission, and which the hotel never sees.

The problem arises when the hotel has an e-mail from Booking.Com and a 'maybe coming later' (95%) against a real, live, customer at it's front desk waiving money.  Often the hotel says 'Screw Booking.com, I'll take the live customer paying 100%'.

Then, when you roll up, they claim Booking.com never made a reservation.

The weakness in this cheap system is that the Res system depends upon e-mail, which is not guaranteed to arrive.

BTW: The 'No Show' fee is simply yet more money going straight into Booking.com's pockets. If you do cancel, BEFORE DOING SO cancel your present credit card (say it was lost). They will issue you with a new one, and a new number, and Booking.com's charge will bounce (if they get it through, refuse the charge).

Agoda is one of these outfits that hassles deals from hotel owners so Agoda only pays about 25% of Rack Rate (advertised). Then the crooks often turnaround and sell this heavily discounted room on a PER BED rate - which is not standard in VN. My wife owns two hotels so we see all the rackets that go on.

Other than at Tet, there is no need to make reservations in VN.

Dejavu.dot wrote:
namron wrote:

I see. I just used booking.com once when I had to make approval letter cos they can supply the hotel booking without paying. The price of booking.com is higher than agoda cos the customers can cancel their booking for free ( I didn't give them my credit card number). You gave them your account's number?

By the way, pls check if this is the hotel you booked :

http://todaynhatrang.vn/khach-san-nha-n … 14924.html

I found their 2 bank accountS:
Vietcombank: 0061 001 041 594    (Owner: TRẦN VĂN LINH).
or the account they give you:
Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Khánh Hòa: 6011.000.000.6345 (Owner: Minh Thanh hotel Co, Ltd)

Regards

Yes, that is exactly the hotel. But they only give the other bank account and not the Vietcom Bank account. My card number is in booking.com but they do not charge me any.

DanFromSF wrote:

Did you already give them money?  It doesn't sound like you did.  How are they going to charge you a cancellation fee if you haven't already paid them?

Nope, I didn't. I was wondering as well how could they charge me if they do not accept credit cards.

Jaitch wrote:

All these hotel res systems are con jobs - Agoda is notorious, too.
Booking.Com took your reservation and a 5% deposit charged to your card? This is money they keep, as their commission, and which the hotel never sees.

The problem arises when the hotel has an e-mail from Booking.Com and a 'maybe coming later' (95%) against a real, live, customer at it's front desk waiving money.  Often the hotel says 'Screw Booking.com, I'll take the live customer paying 100%'.

Then, when you roll up, they claim Booking.com never made a reservation.

The weakness in this cheap system is that the Res system depends upon e-mail, which is not guaranteed to arrive.

BTW: The 'No Show' fee is simply yet more money going straight into Booking.com's pockets. If you do cancel, BEFORE DOING SO cancel your present credit card (say it was lost). They will issue you with a new one, and a new number, and Booking.com's charge will bounce (if they get it through, refuse the charge).

Agoda is one of these outfits that hassles deals from hotel owners so Agoda only pays about 25% of Rack Rate (advertised). Then the crooks often turnaround and sell this heavily discounted room on a PER BED rate - which is not standard in VN. My wife owns two hotels so we see all the rackets that go on.

Other than at Tet, there is no need to make reservations in VN.

I see. Thanks for the input. I was just a bit worried, thinking that it's a Holiday when I plan to go to Nha Trang. And besides, I will be bringing my kids and I don't want to look around at the time I arrive there.

However, if the hotel is ok, I don't mind paying the advance 50% payment. Just to make sure I get it and have less to worry about.

Anyway, they don't charge me any yet. And I don't think they can because my registered card in booking.com was just renewed this month. I wasn't able to update it yet.

namron wrote:

Nope, I didn't. I was wondering as well how could they charge me if they do not accept credit cards.

Then you can walk away without worry.  Book somewhere that takes credit cards, and make sure you print your hotel voucher and have it with you at check-in.  I've never had a problem that way.