Moving to Dalian on 9/21

Hi everyone,

Finally the time has come for me to go to Dalian. I expect to arrive on Sunday 21st.

Since I've never been to China, I would really appreciate any tip or useful information you can share (e.g.: what I need to do after landing).

Additionally, I would enjoy to meet some fellow xpats. A city tour would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Manny

Hi, Manny. Welcome to Dalian, China. I'm a local guy working in a training school in High -tech Zone. Where do you suppose to be? Maybe we can meet up somewhere after your arriving and I'll tell you something about the city.My mobile is 13998537918. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Joseph

Thanks lyg7703.

I'm also looking for fellow expats. I'm kinda worried I haven't gotten any other response by now...

I wonder if there are other expats in dalian at all... haha

No worries, there are many expats here. I am living in my campus, at times on my way back to dorm, it gives me a delusion that I was abroad. Many international students here. Apart from students, you can also find many foreign people working here. Maybe most of them are living in Kaifaqu or something. I guess it's easy for you to associate with some. If you need, I will go to my American friends to ask how you can get in touch with more expats.

You can try this, people here are more active.
http://www.reddit.com/r/china

or, why not just try to get in touch with the company you are gonna visit, and just ask if there are expats you can go to for help?

P.s. The software square is densely populated neigborhood, not dead.

Hope these would help.

Hey guys, I am Canadian living in China for two years. I own a school in Jin Shi Tan, and I have 3 Canadian and 1 British teachers in their 20's and 30's looking for friends. We travel to Dalian every day. I am also hiring and our school is truly wonderful. I will be opening a school in Dalian next year. Check out our web site ysmd.21gm.com.cn and come visit us!! We will treat you for a meal!!

Marc-Andre

Hi there,

Nice to meet you.

I live near 软件园, it'd be great to see you all. Even though I have a full time job, I was actually thinking about teaching english/spanish at some point as well. I think it could help me to get to know more people around here.

All the best,

Manny

Huh, Dalian is not an empty city as you might have expected, right :
Teaching jobs are offered from some English institutions, I have American friends applying for weekend teaching jobs, not sure yet if that really works.
Anyway, if you want to meet more expats, you can try your luck at some downtown bars, my friend is even a member in a band there.

Good luck.

Manny come visit us in Jin Shi Tan, we can even practice our Spanish together. You can wechat me when you are nearby I can come pick you up. My wechat is marcandremuffys.

Hi there,

Just sent you a friend request in wechat.