Market Research Remittance

Hi everyone,

I am Quang from VBTC Co. Ltd. - a young Fintech Startup from Saigon/Vietnam - and currently doing some market research regarding the remittance of money between foreign countries and Vietnam - and would love to explore if there are ways to offer a cheaper service than traditional means. If you are in any way affected / experienced in that matter, I would like to get in touch with you. Would love to discuss your experiences on that topic - please send me a PM to discuss this topic further, in case you think you can contribute to my research.

Best regards,
Quang

You should chat to the State Bank of VietNam.

There are plenty of 'ethnic' money transfer mechanisms operating (illegally) in VietNam. It costs me CAD$20 to transfer dollars from Toronto to HCM and have them delivered in CAD or USD.

Hi, I have used eRemit service offered by Viettin bank (applicable for the transfer from Australia, UK and Germany to VN) which costs only 10AUD/10GBP/10EUR for a max amount of 3000AUD/GBP/EUR per transaction. In addition, it seems that Western Union is offering free-of-charge service for online transactions from several countries to VN. Visit its website you will find more info...

Cheers

@Jaitch, any recommendation for the cheapest way to remit the money out from Vietnam? I wanted to find the agent for my remittance to Malaysia. Thanks

Hi Jaitch,

how do you transfer funds from HCM to Toronto?

Please let me know all options as I am planning to retire there. Thx.