Urgently required info.!

Hello guys,

I need your advice on whether what I am planning to do can be of any use.

Simply I graduated last year from the German University in Cairo, my major is mechanical and production engineering. I got to know the oil & gas field in Singapore is booming lately, and I was thinking to travel to Singapore for a month, and seek for a job there in this field. You think it could be possible to find something as a foreigner?. Do I need to contact hh or recruitment agency or any of that, or just take it fully on my own?.

What about school teaching (sciences and mathematics), vacancies still opened?. And again, is it possible to secure a teaching job as a foreign engineer?.

Any relevant piece of information really matters.

Thank's in advance,
Mahmoud,

Dear Mahmoud,

If you are serious about finding a job in Singapore, coming for a job search visit is probably the best you can do.
However, a month might not be enough, as hiring cycles are slow. Also, you should read about the requirements to get a work visa, and whether you fulfil those (e.g. is your degree recognised in Singapore?). As a fresh graduate, this will be very difficult - better get a few years applicable work experience and then try again!
Recruitment agencies are not very useful in Singapore, so you better send your CV to potential employers directly - best through any connections you might have.
For teaching jobs, you generally need an educational degree, not engineering.

Good luck!

Hi beppi,

Thank you so much for the info. Really appreciate it and for sure will consider what you said in my process :)

I don't have connections there actually, You know any personnel who can help there?

K.Regards,
Mahmoud,