Moving to Hangzhou- Help needed

hi everbody.

this forum appears to be a great place of activity for the expats. As I am coming to Hangzhou from Amritsar (Punjab, India) as a Postdoctoral Researcher in Zhejanj University. I would like to know the cost of living in Hangzhou. I will be getting 6000 RMB per month. Will this be sufficient.

In dire need of any help about this topic.

sincerely yours

Dr Sikander Pal

Welcome to China. I am a native Chinese from Nanning,Guangxi.I am not sure about the living cost there.But what I know is that Hangzhou is very famous in China. It's a tourism-type city, the cost there wont be easier for our commom Chinese.You may enjoy yourself there as you may accomodate free by the university.

Hi!

Welcome to Hangzhou! I have been living there about 2 years and will also be getting a doctor degree at ZJU! It's a wonderful place.

Yes, 6,000 rmb is sufficient to live there comfortably. In my last job I made 5,000 a month and was able to take many trips and have a decent life. Taxis start at 11rmb, a decent meal at a chinese restaurant is about 10-50rmb, train tickets to Shanghai are 70rmb, an english book at the foreign bookstore is about 100rmb...etc.

I hope this helps!

Hello Dr. Pal
I am also working here as PDF and basically from Patiala. Would like to be in your contact. Kindly mail me at [email protected]

So many foreign friends come to China, teaching english and stuff... :)

I wanna go out and teach Chinese :D

:offtopic: please concentrate on the initial subject.

Thank you.

Hi Doc,

I am considering moving to Hangzhou too and have a colleague who is from India and has been working there for the past 2 years. She tells me that the rental accomodation is expensive, other than that, all the expenses are manageable.

Have you moved to Hangzhou? I would definitely like to know your take on this.

Cheers,
Anjali

:)hi  dear   welcome  to china   iam Chinese  and living in hangzhou    .iam very glad if ican  help you  in  china   .my email  is    [email protected]   .i  am working  in hangzhou .

Hi Dora,

Thanks for writing in! I am likely to visit China sometime in June or July. I am very happy to read your message and will be happy to stay in touch.

Cheers,
Anjali

ok   no problem    if  anything  i can  help you  in china   .plesse  feel  free  to email me .best regards

Hi I am from india. I am planning to move to hangzhou, zhejiang university as a post doctoral researcher. my monthly fund will be 7300 RMB. I want to know the cost of living (accomodations in univ campus and food).

Regards
cathay

7300 itsenough  to live in hangzhou  if  you just  living   .  are you  in  hangzhou   now   .  if  has time   maybe  can  meet  in west lake  hangzhou ..there  are   so many  foreigners friends  there .