Talent International School

Hello everyone and thanks for providing assistance and forum for expats and thank you Expat.com Team for providing platform  :cheers: 

I will be grateful for your feedback and comments on below questions.

(i) Talent International School in Riffa?
(ii) Is the region (within walking distance on any side of the school) proper for an expat to live?
(iii) Is the distance to Geant Hyper and East Riffa Football Club walking distance (specify minutes)?
(iv) Is the Football Club Field open for everyone to play? Any on the blog who plays there?
(v) Are there any cafe, shops, pubs and convenience store in the locality?
(vi) Are the beach/sea accessible on the side of Ras Sanad Mangrove Forest?
(vii) Hiking and Trekking in Bahrain?
(viii) Is it difficult to have an apartment in this region? Any idea about cost?
(ix) Membership in accounting bodies in Bahrain? Do chartered accountants need to be a member in the Bahrain body?

I am or will be a first time expat Insha Allah as from November. I am from Island of Mauritius (near the Expat.com team) and will be coming with my wife and son.

Thank You

Hi there Jami7
Responses below:

1) Don't know about the school. Will leave this for others with more experience in this to answer.
2) The area around the school is completely safe. Mixed population, with locals and expats living there.
3) Indeed its walking distance to Geant in Al Enmaa Mall, East Riffa Football Club and LuLu Hypermarket (7 to 10 minutes). You could do it faster if you walk fast :)
4) East Riffa Club is a recognized football club. They may require membership to play there. However, if you just wish to look around and try it out, they may permit you in without membership.
5) Lots of cafes, shops and convenience stores in the area. Absolutely no pubs in this locality. Closest watering hole is at the golf club. So if you prefer areas without pubs and alcohol, this is a great area.
6) Don't know if you can access the sea/coast from Ras Sanad Mangrove Forest. I have never been to these mangroves and must try this out one day.
7) Hiking and trekking are difficult in the hot summer months. These activities are more pleasant in the cooler months. You may wish to contact groups such as "Bahrain Road Runners" and "Tribal Fitness" if you like outdoor activities.
8) You should visit the area. Difficult for Forum members to answer this. From what I know the area is well populated, so you may not find too many vacant apartments. One more observation - not too many new buildings in the area.
9) Chartered accountants do not need membership in the local body to practice here in Bahrain. There is an organization called the "Bahrain Accountants Association", but membership is not compulsory. Also depending on where you gained your charter, you could become associated with other CAs. The Indian and Sri Lankan CAs have their own respective associations. They sometimes also hold joint events. I will be happy to introduce you to either/both grouping/s if you are interested.

Look forward to welcoming you to the island of Bahrain from the island of Mauritius.  :top:

Salaams Farhaz. Thank you very much for your reply. Have a nice day!

Waalaikum assalaam, Jami7. Best wishes with your move!