Looking for a place to buy glasses frames!

Aloha, expats! So I was told that it's really cheap to buy frames here (not whole glasses, I need only frames!), in Vietnam. Do you know any good store or other place worth of reccomendation in HCMC?

Hi,

I bought my Montblanc glasses here. Really cheap but it is an old version. About 700 000d only (I checked Amazone after that)

http://matkinhnamquang.com/danhmuc/14/G … Thoi-trang

I just went there directly and told them I was introduced  so the price was discounted 10%(if i dont remember wrong). I was lucky that they had a promotion at that time. I was presented a new 2 dollar!

Regards

I'd like to add to this post - can anyone also recommend a good opticians for contact lenses and having new glasses fitted?

cheshirecat90 wrote:

I'd like to add to this post - can anyone also recommend a good opticians for contact lenses and having new glasses fitted?

On HAI BA TRUNG @ NGUYEN DU - kitty corner from the Main Post Office. Opposite the Asiana Hotel on Nguyen Du.

The store is owned by a wholesalers which is partly owned by an American outfit. They sell standard (international) ranges of frames and contacts - NOT SOME DODGY CHINESE PRODUCTS!

They also have a Philippines trained optometrist who has worked in VN for several years.

Thanks,jaitch. What's the name of the opticians?

1. Bà Huyện Thanh Quan, Q.3 - for cheap frames, custom make specs....
I always go there to make my day and night specs.

2. Dien Bieh Phu Hospital and neighborhood - Eye test, all kinds of specs, frames...

Both are one ways... so check map before you head  :sleep

cheshirecat90 wrote:

Thanks, jaitch. What's the name of the opticians?

I forget - you can't miss it FIRST STORE ON RIGHT as you go down NGUYEN DU (opposite direction to Post Office)