Move to Libya

Dear All ; i am a married man with an infant , considering a job in tripoli Libya ; any info regarding the cost of living ; accommodation , medical care , safety for family ...etc are highly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Mo

Try the search function. All of these points have been covered in alot of detail quite recently in individual threads. :)

It really depends on the package you are offered.  If they include housing, education(for those with schoolage children), medical, annual tickets home etc... then it is worthwhile coming.  Money can be saved.  The necessities of life are not expensive here and gas is almost free.  :lol:
Since you are bringing your wife and little one, living in Palm city would be nice for her.  Neighbors to meet, beach on site with pool, grocery store etc.  Sure some feel it is a bit cramped, but it is better than being isolated in a villa unable to walk anywhere.  Most are a drive to the main stores etc.  It is safe and at Palm city there is security. 
Good luck! :)

Don't.....aarghhhhhh

Thank you all for your kind replies ; if possible can i have an idea about how much is the cost of living ( talking about upper mid level)

It's all relative. You can live here cheaply and save money or you can lord it up , buy a BMW, drink blackmarket spirits, blow your money on imported label clothing and imported western brand foods while employing a guard,a driver, a nanny etc....

@ Mudman ; thanks ; i just need the feel of the cost ; without including housing , car and servants ; is 1000 USD / to spend  monthly considered good , bad , enough ,...etc

So you're just looking at food & drink then ? 1000USD is approx 330LYD/ week. That's alot.

I don't know how much meat costs, but fruit & veg are not too expensive. bread is so cheap they almost give it away.

Clothes & shoes are either good quality but overpriced or crap.

TBH, there's not alot to spend your money on. You'd have to try quite hard not to be able to save any.

thanks ; its more clear now ; i used the 1000 US as this approx the amount you would need in my country for food and side stuff ; without major items and accommodation .

have a nice weekend

jo-mo wrote:

have a nice weekend

Always. :cool:

jo-mo wrote:

@ Mudman ; thanks ; i just need the feel of the cost ; without including housing , car and servants ; is 1000 USD / to spend  monthly considered good , bad , enough ,...etc

As Mudman rightly pointed out, to spend more than  1000USD per month you would have to eat out at the pricier restaurants at least 2 times a week and also buy lots of imported goods from the likes of the Palm City supermarket. The wife and I get by on about 1000LYD which is £500, about 750USD I think, and we eat out quite a lot. Not sure how much extra having a child to buy things for would be though. We also live in the city centre so rely on taxi's to take us to the beach etc, so that can take a fair chunk out of our 1000LYD.

The most expensive meal we have had here and their was 4 adults and one child was 84LYD about 60USD.The likes of the Radisson and the Corinthia have more expensive restaurants in them, but even here a decent meal for two would be about 50-60LYD, unless you go to the eat all you can buffets and then it is 40LYD each.

Thanks Clansman ; the whole idea of going to Libya to save money ; not that we dont -as family- like to enjoy life , but i dont like to high-en my expectation of a new place ; its better and make it easy to adapt.

Mo