Melita

Does anyone know of a good and reliable solicitor that would be willing to take on Melita for breach of contract for failing to provide me with continuity of WI FI service  , after two years of appalling  service how they are allowed operate beats me, must have greased the palms of someone?

Care to be more explicit and expand upon your issues?
I ask because I think you are very much in the minority and no internet service is ever 100% reliable and you will find a clause in the Terms & Conditions that exempts them.
For example.
5.5 Any suspension or unavailability of the Service shall be without prejudice to any other right or remedy which may be competent to Melita but shall not give rise to any claim by the Customer including, without limitation, to any claim for rebate or refund of any fees paid by him/her.
http://www.melita.com/company/terms-con … f-service/
Basically, you have no chance. (PS, even BT has such clauses.)

i had melita for 6 yrs and never ever had an issue with them......

I think Melita are without doubt the single most dishonest, incompetent and inefficient company i have ever had the misfortune to deal with so I wish you the best of luck in pursuing your complaint!

I'm a bit surprised by the comments about bad Melita service ,as are others on the forum. I've been with Melita for more than 6 years with phone and internet and have always had a good service , even when I moved flats 9 months ago !

Please explain your problem with Melita before posting such a general accusation!

There are always two sides of a coin.

Cheers
Ricky

Totally agree Ricky, we had such a disappointing experience with Melita that we gave up and switched to GO and I'm certain there will be those on here who have had similar bad experiences of them too although we have found them to be fantastic
A lot of the time it's just bad luck or one problem or error leading to a whole raft of them and that's ok as long as the company does it's best to make things right but this did not happen in our case.
I won't go into my full sorry story cos I can't do so without identifying individual staff in particular branches which is not fair (plus it's not that interesting! ) but I feel justified in my low opinion of the company following a catalogue of errors on their part which left me €300 poorer and with no internet or tv connection and two mobile phones which never worked from the day they were supplied! My refund has been 'being processed' for almost 3 weeks now,

Perhaps one issue is newcomers either expecting too much or not knowing how to deal with representatives?
Mind you we still do not have any specifics, about either case, upon which to base such an assumption so really, this is going nowhere.

Melita user for 6yrs and no real issues always prompt in my experiences

although it does have to be said when i left Malta 6 wks ago - and having given them the required notice for disconnection etc etc etc they failed on a number of occasions to comply with their own rules.

hence three weeks after leave - they send me a bill for over €90  - for double disconnection, collection and installation charges too - i wrote back to them via email and was duyl dealt with courteously and promptly with a cancellation of all charges... cant say fairer than that