Musicians - Bintaro area

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's an active music scene for expat musicians?

I'm looking for others to form / join a gigging covers band and to widen my social circle. I'm primarily a bass player though do play a bit of guitar too. Very talented keyboard player / backing singer / occasional lead singer also available if needs be.

Ideally looking for experienced players who:
- play to a high standard
- like to play well known but challenging songs
- aim to replicate songs faithfully

Fairly flexible on music style as long as audience knows it (had too many years of playing songs nobody knows!)

Based in Bintaro.

Please get in touch even if just for a pint / chat.

Cheers

There's a bar in Bintaro exchange, can't tell you the name because I don't drink, but I know a bunch of expats used to gather there.
Might be worth a try.
However, why expats, what's wrong with local dudes?

Added.
If you allow yourself the flexibility of mixing with locals, you'll find a pile of studios around the Bintaro area.
Just pop in and chat - a lot speak English if Indonesian is a problem.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Absolutely nothing wrong with locals (have seen an outstanding guitarist and drummer who play regularly at EP - I always given them a nod and thumbs up). It's just I don't speak Indonesian and don't really have the skills to explain what I'm looking to join / form. As I said, I'd also like it to widen my social circle and not speaking the language restricts that somewhat.

Am aware of the studios - have been in a few - just though I'd try the Expat.com first.

And there's a bar in Bintaro Exchange?!

Cheers

I'll wander by when I have a minute and let you know where.
As for language skills, just try in English and see if anyone can reply; no one will execute you for being crap at Indonesian, so no loss but potential gain.

Thanks - I'd really appreciate knowing where it is and will check it out.

Hey @bbas
I am Alif from Bandung, but sometimes i am in Jakarta
it's almost 2 month every weekend I am in Jakarta,
my partner expat like you he play Violin and I play the guitar
you can check my video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAwEeUieuJ8http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLue_x1ypVA

what's the music you play ?
I have friend also living in Bintaro area he is bassist like you,
he play bass with me also.

looking forward to hear from you

I can play guitar.

Hi; I'm a guitarist interested in joining a band.  email me when you find the time.
I live in North Jakarta - is this far from you ?

Thanx;

jonathan:

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
triplej wrote:

Hi; I'm a guitarist interested in joining a band.  email me when you find the time.
I live in North Jakarta - is this far from you ?

Thanx;

jonathan:

Bintaro is a quite a way from north Jakarta, but the new toll road makes it an easy drive.
This thread is a bit old, so perhaps you'd like to start a new one.

yes ok, thanks ... if you have anything going on with musicians let me know - I can come over to play.

triplej wrote:

yes ok, thanks ... if you have anything going on with musicians let me know - I can come over to play.

Sure will.
I'm not generally into the music scene here, but I am involved in a little something for next month.
It's unlikely I'll hear anything, but I'll post or PM if I do.

Great, let me know and I'll make the trip your end of the city.

Hi,

I used to live at Bintaro sektor 3, now I have relocate to Alam Sutera, not very far from Bintaro

I am into music but more into listening that playing instrument, the only instrument I play is ipod  :D . If you want to hang out let me know.

kardus wrote:

Hi,

I used to live at Bintaro sektor 3, now I have relocate to Alam Sutera.

Alam Sutera is easy from North Jakarta.
Just hop on the Tangerang toll, and you're there.

Good luck, guys.

Fred..you can join them!!

Bouncy sheep is needed cuz it has its special tune!

Boink..boink..boink!!

Or...you can be their singer..
You can sing "always be my baby" just like David Cook does

"Always be my baa baaaaaaa..."