Help with Shipping Stuff from the UK

Hi Guys!

I now have my contract through from my Bahraini employer I am starting the dreaded task of organising/moving with two kids and a hubby to Beautiful Bahrain (yaaaaay!)

I am planning on moving within the next six weeks (if all goes well).After reading all the very helpful tips here on what to bring I have decided to ship over around 100kg of my belongings. This will consist of mainly kitchen pots/pans/essential costly appliances which I've purchased here and a few other bits and pieces as well as toys. Ideally I would like to use Air cargo/freight companies rather than sea freight and I would like a door to door service. Any recommendations and approx costs of what I should expect?

Don't forget a microwave cover. Can't get those here

Thanks for that Lindochka, I'm bringing the microwave and the cover too ! I will bring a few extra covers just in case I think.

Great news ESLTutor
There have been quite a few people moving to Bahrain recently, who, I am sure, will have great suggestions and advise for you.
Best wishes for a successful move.

Lindochka wrote:

Don't forget a microwave cover. Can't get those here

Really??? I've bought 5 since being here - 500fills each.

I used to work for a relocation company based here in Bahrain (and the UK too) so if you need practical advice then don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you Farhaz, this blog has been such a life-saver! If anyone can think of any companies I could use or give me advice on how much I should be paying for it please do help out.

Thank you!

Thanks JoSnuggles, any advice would be welcome.

Hi there!
I'm moving from UK in 2 months.  What company did you end up using ? How much did you pay for the 100 kilos ?
Is there anything that you think is very necessary to bring , like microwave and vacuum cleaner?
Thank you!!!
Hope that you are enjoying there !