American married to Brit with ILR in UK, moving to France?

Hello,

I hope it is all right to post an enquiry of this nature to this forum. I would be very grateful for any assistance you could provide. 

I am an American citizen currently resident in London. I am married to a British citizen. We have been married for seven years - since 2007 - and living in the UK for six years - since 2008. I have indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK.

My husband owns an apartment in Marseille, where he lived and worked from 1999-2005. He is also Directeur Associe of a business registered in Marseille. We are going to return to live and work in Marseille later this year.

Does anyone know what I will need in terms of a visa / work permit etc. to live and work in France? Does my ILR status in the UK, and/or my marriage to a British citizen who owns property in France, improve/affect my position?

Many thanks in anticipation for any information you can provide.

Hi, I think you should go the USA ambassador in France, they might be the best to help you figure out.

Laura

Hi!
I've found this article [url]vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F2653.xhtml in which it seems that as you're married with a british citizen, if he can prove of a profesional activity in France, as his wife you can come and work in France with him.
These informations sould be confirmed by an immigration agent. I advice you to contact someone here:[url]europa.eu/europedirect/index_fr.htm

Cheers

Hello. did you ever find the answer to your question? I am in the same situation. I am American with permanent residence in the UK but we are moving to France next year.
Any tips or important things I should know would be much appreciated.
Thanks