Residence permit TCN

Hello everyone, I will like to ask you guys for some advice regarding my residence in Malta. I been here for 7 months on a working permit but now I quit the job and my residence permit expires in January 2015. My question is can I stay here till January even that I quit the job and can I look for a new job? Hope to get some feedback from you guys.
Regards
Edi

As soon as your job was finished, your employer sent the information to ETC that your current employment licence is revoked. So from this date your residence permit is officially illegal.

It's better to apply for a new job as soon as possible.

Hi, thank you for your reply, I quit the job and I don't know what the employer is going to do about the licence.  what I need to know is about staying here till the end of my residence permit. So what will happen if I stay. Regards

Your employer _should_ sent the information about your job cancellation to ETC. It's employer's responsibility.

If you stay in Malta till January 2015 and then just leave - I don't think it would be any problem.
If you apply for the next residence+work permit (now it's a single application) - most probably ETC representative will check your current employment licence.

I don't know the consequences. It can be anything from verbal warning till deportation, depends on your situation and clerk's mood.

Will it be best for me to contact ETC and ask them what should I do next as I was the one quit the job or I just stay here till January and just go out and come again and apply with a new employer. Thanks

You can try. Anyway, it's better than ask for legal advice on forum :)