Best Internet Provider?

Hi,

Im moving around Utama area, and done a bit of research into internet providers. Basically i want unlimited package & tv (but this can be basic) but i think this is only available with astro iptv? but some people have said this is not very good... i've read there has been quite a lot of problems with unifi and its capped?... and i can't get time in my condo :(. Can anyone give me any further advice? Also I'm not entirely sure how long it takes for it to be set up?

A lot of the times, condos have contracts with particular companies in regards to internet/phone lines.  You should check first to see if there are any restrictions with the companies you can choose from.  I was forced to only deal with TM, so by default I had to pick up Unifi.  I wanted Astro TV so I am paying nearly double to have TM internet/phone and Astro TV.

I have Unifi currently and it has unlimited internet.  You can choose 3 packages based on speed that are roughly 150rm, 200rm, 250rm, respectively.  I have the 10mpbs plan (for 200rm/month) and I do occasionally have problems with the connection but I think this is also based on the condo density and how internet/phone lines are set up for your condo.

Overall, really shady business these companies run.  Find out as much as you can before making your decision and good luck!

One of the big issues (rcsmith4 please comment) in our condo is that although we have fibreoptic cables outside, due to the age of the buildings we have copper wiring inside. This is linked to TM phone system and therefore Unifi so this is OK if you buy their internet package and TV as it uses the same wiring and only slightly slows down he speed. However, if a resident decides on an  ASTRO package (more expensive), the cable will not be embedded in the wall but draped around the walls from the nearest access point outside the unit.

has anyone ever heard or used ABN internet service provider?their prices are quite attractive plus it includes 50 tv channels but not sure about quality and genuinity of the price

They dont seem to cover my area - so not sure who can access them and which cable networks they rent to deliver their services.

it seems unifi is used in my building as well, shame on further research it seems time is the best sadly no chance of it in my area... theres a deal with tm unifi at the moment with any of the vip 10 or vip20 package you get the mega pack or sports pack included with no additional cost (I'm going for mega theres like 50 additional channels on top of the 19 free ones), a lot of forums are suggesting theres more english channels with them as well...

Yes the Mega Pack has lots of UK channels. But if anyone wants sport the TM Unifi is very sub-standard and only Astro is good for this purpose. Depending on the number of people trying to use the internet connection VIP0 is fast enough for two/three. Only need faster if you want to stream.

I have used Unifi before and currently use Time. I think Unifi is better in terms of bandwidth. When I use p2p software like bitorrent, Unifi would give me a steady speed, while Time constantly fluctuates. But since astro has packages with time (and maxis too), it is definitely more economical.

(Moderated: off topic)