With green Lamborghini to his inauguration at the City Council

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/jak … -scrutiny/

Lamborghini Leaves City Councilor Lulung Under Polices Close Scrutiny

Jakarta. It was a moment of flashy ostentation that now looks certain to doom Jakarta businessman and outspoken city councilor Abraham Lulung Lunggana to a police investigation at the very least.

Lulung, a former street enforcer who clashed publicly with Jakarta Deputy Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama last year over the latters efforts to evict street vendors from the Tanah Abang area of Central Jakarta, now faces questions over the registration of the Rp 20 billion ($1.71 million) Lamborghini that he showed up to at his inauguration at the City Council on Monday.

Fittingly enough, it was Basuki who drew attention to the car, telling reporters in his characteristic off-the-cuff manner that it didnt matter if city councilors came to work in expensive cars  as long as they could prove they were paid for legitimately.

Time to investigate that guy. What other expensive cars he will have, guess soon we will know....;-)

I've heard that Jakarta has bad traffic.  Is there any point in driving a Lamborghini if you can't go?

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I've heard that Jakarta has bad traffic.  Is there any point in driving a Lamborghini if you can't go?

Posing value.
However, there should be an investigation to see how he could afford such a car.
There might well be a legitimate reason.

That's the great thing about being a foreigner in China.  You're looked down on no matter what you drive.

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2014/09/01 … amborghini

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Polices Traffic Directorate seized Lamborghini used by a politician from the United Development Party (PPP), Abraham Lunggana, or also known as Lulung.

We confiscated [the car] last night for checking process, Adj. Sr. Comr. Hindarsono, Head of Law Enforcement Sub-Directorate at the Jakarta Police, said at his office on Monday, September 01, 2014.

Hindarsono explained that Lulung had been interrogated on Saturday, August 20114, and he had submitted documents related to the Lamborghini. Hindarsono added that he would check the car ownership since Lulung admitted that the car did not belong to him.

If it isn't his, who decided it was a good idea to lend him the thing, and why did they do so?
I knew a couple of guys in the UK that lent very expensive cars to mates, but they were all filthy rich and in the music industry. Nothing even slightly questionable there - this one begs more than a few questions.

If the guy has money and power I am sure he will just do what most rich people do here and do what they like regardless. It's a selfish world some days.
The police just need to deal with it and fine him etc rather than turn this like everything else into the 3 ring circus it likes to show.
However for fear of being reported by someone to the police for complaining they are often inept, inconsistent, gutless bullies and unhelpful I would say that the police will as normal complete the investigation in a timely and professional manner and ensure that the letter of the law is upheld and justice if it can be, will be served.