Seeking The Paris Dream

Hello community,

My name is Patricia and I spent two years living and working in Paris about four years ago. I immediately feel in love with Paris and have a dream to return.

I just started a blog "The Paris Dream" about my quest to live out that dream. From searching for a flat to acquiring it to ultimately living in it.

I would love some thoughts/comments from the expat community in Paris. Please feel free to visit and comment on the blog directly at: theparisdream.blogspot.com/

Plus anyone who can provide any advice on trying to acquire property from overseas - your advice would be warmly welcome. I'm trying to find someone who can help by visiting some selected flats and provide a review. We don't have a budget for a full negotiation service some of the search companies provide (5000 euros plus for the search is out of our range).

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Patricia

Welcome on board of Expat.com, Patricia! :)

Thanks!

Hello I just signed up for this site and I am wanting to get connections with fellow americans over in paris so i can talk to them and learn about living over there. I recently met three french girls who were vacationing in the same place as I and they all live in paris so at least now i know a few native parisiens and have some contacts. If anyone could help me with information on getting a reasonable flat and how to get started over there I would really really appreciate it. I cannot explain enough how bad I want to be over there.

Hi FutureParisienAJR! Check the American expatriates in Paris network, it could help you to find lots of contacts. For the flat, you should place an ad in the Paris classifieds > accommodation section and have a look at this article :  Accommodation in France..
(if you have more questions, could you please start a new discussion on the Paris forum.) Thank you very much! :)

Good luck!
Christine