Social Visit Pass for Mother

Hi Friends,

Hope you are doing well.
I am still awaiting my employment pass to be approved. It's been filed by my employer through new system that is some online application submission.

Can anyone please advise me the procedure to get social visit pass for my mother. I am planning to move my mother along with me into Malaysia.
Procedure being new, my employer and respective agent is also not sure regarding the process and I am feeling helpless as well as scared if I will be able to get the long term social visit pass for my mother or not.

Rgds,
Amit

I dont think the employer can make the application as it is only for employment passes - stage 1 and stage 2. You will need your pass approved and then to do it yourself or get an agent to do it in the normal way by going to immigration offices. 

7. Social Visit Pass

a. Who are eligible for the Social Visit Pass?

1.    Parents of Expatriate Official.

2.    Common law wife (required to have confirmation from the Embassy).

3.    Children under 21 years old.

4.    Step-children

b. Application Procedures

Application for the Social Visit Pass can be submitted together with an application for Employment Pass or after the application for Employment Pass has been approved.

c. Supporting documents for the application of the Social Visit Pass

1.    Cover letter and Letter of Authority from the company.

2.    Form DP11A with recent passport size photograph.

3.    Personal Bond (RM10.00 Stamped)

4.    Proof of relationship with the Expatriate (a translated copy has to be certified by an Embassy official if the document is neither written in English or in the Malay Language).

5.    A photocopy of the complete Dependant's Passport (Two copies for PRC citizen)

6.    A photocopy of the complete Expatriate's Passport.

d. Fees Charged

Passes - First 3 months (Free)
    Subsequent months - RM50.00 x 9 months
    Processing fee - RM50.00
    Journey Performed Visa Fee - RM500.00 ( if relevant)

Visa fee - according to the nationality of the individual

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for your reply.
I have read the information on imi.gov.in however can you please go at link mentioned below -
https://esd.imi.gov.my/esd/portal/en/?p=ser&v2=7

It says that application to be submitted online, can you please confirm my understanding that only online application will be entertained now onwards regarding social visit pass.

Rgds,
Amit

If your employer is not sure, as you say, send them the above link (thanks a good resource!). It is up to them to investigate isnt it? Just be prepared that they are unwilling and as you are a new employee, they dont want to offer as you may not pass their probationary period and its easier to cancel your EP but more difficult if you have dependents on tow as well.

Hi Amit,

Although this post is very old... but may i ask you did you able to get Social Visit Pass for your mother? Can you share your experience? Thanks.

Regards,
Fayzan