How can I get a working visa in Hanoi, Vietnam?

Hye guys I am planning to move to Hanoi in December and gonna find a job as an English teacher. I was wondering about what would be the procedure to change my visa status from visit to working? The requirements ? Can i go to the immigration and pay some amount or is the academy is gonna do it for me or ? any advice would be appreciated.
cheers all

First, if you are NOT a native-born English speaker, most of the English Centres (if not all!) may not be willing to (or just simply can't) do the paper-works for your work permit.

Second, as per what information I have, it's no longer possible to change the purpose of your visit (visa type) from Tourist one to Work one. You need to apply for a Work Visa from outside of VN.

You may still find some people only too willing to help you with your visa issue. In that case, please be circumspect before digging deep into your wallet.

Better, get in touch with English Centres and ask them if they are willing to do it or not.

Good luck!!

Omar Salim wrote:

Hye guys I am planning to move to Hanoi in December and gonna find a job as an English teacher. I was wondering about what would be the procedure to change my visa status from visit to working? The requirements ? Can i go to the immigration and pay some amount or is the academy is gonna do it for me or ? any advice would be appreciated.
cheers all

Hi,

I agree with senwl. havent heard about working visa in this site for such a long time. As I see many people usually have to extend their tourist visa every 3 months.

Regards

hmmmm....how about if i get a job and tell the academy that I will do halves on the working permit or pay full? r they gonna be willing to help me?

Hi Omar,
Actually I havent heard anything about work visa. But If you want to live and work in Vietnam in a long term, your future employer will have to apply for a work permit in your name To apply for a work permit, you must be at least 18 years of age and physically fit to do the work you have applied for. You will also have to be qualified to do the work and provide proof of your technical skills and professional qualifications. You can not have a criminal record or a previous conviction to receive a valid permit. In order to get a work permit, you need to have 3 things:
1. Work contract
2. Support to from your emplyer to get the work permit
3. University degree, higher degree, professional skill certificate or 5 year experiences working in the same major. The 5 year experiences working might not be applied for some case such as: Teacher, doctor, engineer...

Direct your application to the local department of labor, War invalid and Social Affairs in the town where your future employer is based. You will receive your valid work permit within 15 days from the date of application.

Anyway, in case you still have to arrange your vietnam visa, choosing  visa on arrival option will be the best choice, which is much faster and cheaper.
If you have any question related to visa or destinations in Vietnam, contact me :)
Goodluck

You will receive your valid work permit within 15 days from the date of application.

Moreover, if you still dont have an available job in Vietnam before you come, I suggest you can get a vietnam tourist visa. For this, you can choose to apply online, do  visa on arrival option through a visa agency, which  may help you to save money and time :) After 6 months, if you still dont have a job then you will need to leave the country to get a new visa.