Wondering about the internet service in Thailand.

I hear that the speeds are great in Bangkok (100mbps options). Was wondering, is it the same if you want to be near the beach somewhere..Phuket?

Thank you.

Anyone?

JaSamJa wrote:

I hear that the speeds are great in Bangkok (100mbps options). Was wondering, is it the same if you want to be near the beach somewhere..Phuket?

Thank you.

Seeing as no one has answered. Unfortunately I can't help with Phuket but my experience over the last few years is that the 100 Mbps is a pipedream ;-) Whatever the ISP's in Thailand might say the reality of the situation is a lot less than that!
Internally you can get some good speeds(3G/4G) but plans are expensive. A problem unfortunately arises at the "international gateway" caused by lack of bandwith. So if you want to connect outside Thailand you will have to join the rest of us mere mortals.

My own connection from home in Northern Thailand is rated 5mb/1mb via CAT Hi-Net. Often it is a damn sight worse than that. Costs ฿750 a month too!

I live in Nonthaburi now and here it have be okay.
I live 1 year in Bangkok befor.

I have true 13 mbit / 1 mbit over phone line, with TV-Sport  packed (Satellite for the TV) 1199 baht pr month total price.
And it have run with no problem.
Sure some days the speed can drop to like 3-5 mbit for X hours. But still that okay.
I use Ture internet for +3 years, and all ways have the speed i pay for. Beside the few hours drop in speed from time to time.

In 2011 i was 5 or 6 days in Cha Am, and the hotel i stay on have 100 mbit, and every day i use it to get my NFL game from the internet, and the speed was 90-100 mbit every time i use it, So very fast to DL the 1.2 Gb pr game.
So i do know it is here, and it work some place.