Beginning the Journey

My grandparents on both my mother and father's side are first generation Americans. They all came from various areas in Wales. I am an oddity here in small town east Tennessee, with no Native American background and a feeling of duel citizenship since my grandparents have always been what I would call loudly proud of the fact they are from where they are from. I am in the last few semesters of acquiring my education degree, I have two wonderful daughters age 2 and 4, and though my family is hesitant about my decision I am seriously considering relocating to some area of Wales for at least a few years. I will be researching many of the questions I post on here in my free time (not that there is a lot of that to go around ha,ha) but I would like an insiders view. My questions are as follows, and I apologize for so many:

Will I be able to get a job as an educator in Wales?

Will my daughters and I even be allowed to reside in Wales for an extended period of time?

Due to my heritage, is there any possibility I could become a citizen or does heritage matter?

What are some of the most suitable areas for single parent families?

Anything else anyone wants to add would be greatly appreciated! I have never been this excited in my life and this will be the biggest change I've ever made in my life!

Hi and welcome to Expat.com LlewellynGirl! :)

Llewellyn Girl...I cant believe nobody answered your post. Dont thin there are many Welsh people who actually know about this website though. I only know about it as I am relocating to Malta.
Your post is from 5 months ago...Are you in Wales now? I dont know much about living in the reat of Wales, but I have lived in Cardiff most of my life and know the area well.
I dont really know anything about residency or citizenship. This website might help -www.direct.gov.uk
Cardiff is a fantastic area for single parent famillies. Lots of places and activities for children. Lots of parks, indoor plar areas, and events. There are also lots of childminders around and after school clubs too.
Any questions or if you feel I could be of help, just send me a message!!