Info required!!

Hi
i have passed my M.B.A in finance from london and i am currently pursuing A.C.C.A level 3. i want to immigrate to Hong Kong,
can some one please tell me what are my job opportunities and how much will i earn per month? i have experience in accounts as i worked as assistant accountant in Birmingham ( U,K ). I was working in United Parcel Services in Saudi Arabia as accounts receivable. also, what is the best way to find a job in Hong Kong?

thanks in advance for your help and assistance

Hi
With a few years of experience you can expect c. HK$25-35k per month. It will be a real challenge to find a job if you don't speak Mandarin and/or Cantonese, other option is to have a direct contact already installed in HK who can sponsor you.

Head hunters are quite active here, also the government has a website with job offers (but you will notice that most of them require that candidates speak Chinese). The government has a working holiday visa scheme that you can try if you want to come first and find a job, but beware that the cost of life is extremely high here.

Thanks Mars!!!
I really appreciate your help. Can you please give me some more required details..
1. Can i have the details of the head hunters prob a web site or some thing so that i can check with them?
2. Can you pls also give me the official website for the job seekers?
3.how can i have the working holiday scheme visa ?
I am having my wife with me... We dont have kids yet ... So i think if i get the expected wages / salary , u just informed me with, i think it should be ok .....
What is ur suggestion?

Hi
1. All the major head hunters are present here (Robert Walters, Michael Page etc.)
2. The government website is http://www.jobs.gov.hk
3. All the details are on the HK immigration department website. Easy to find on Google

Life in HK is extremely expensive (eg, renting costs are approx. twice those in London); you will certainly struggle a lot with that salary unless your wife has a similar job.

RS

Thanks buddy,

Certainly i will have a look on google and take into consideration your advice

Thanks

Hi,

The salaries range for every job title in Hong Kong are listed here. Check them out and hope it helps.
It's always a good practice for having a short glimpse of salaries range before starting the jon hunting.

http://www.gemini.com.hk/assets/doc/survey_hk.pdf

Sam.