Job offer as a teacher in Kosovo

Hello everyone!

I might be accepting a job offer to teach in Kosovo - iIf you could answer this  --> what is the best part about living in Kosovo? That would be greatly appreciated.

I also need to know if there is any Muay Thai or Ju jitsu gyms in Prishtina area?

Thank you everyone in advance for your time. I look forward to hearing all the answers :)

Hey Sara,

I am going to name at least 7 Reasons why come to Kosovo.
1. Its got a lot of beautiful country-side. Contrary to everything I've ever heard, Kosovo really surprised me with a lot of beauty. There weren't a bunch of burned-out tanks lining the roads, or barb-wire-clad check-points every where. I can definitely recommend the city of Prizren.

2. Its cheap. Even though it uses the euro, everything is cheap. I stayed in a nice hostel, in a private room with a double bed for about 20 euro. I was able to eat like a king for 5 euro, and a beer was 1.50 or less. Even buses were cheap: I think I paid about 25 euro to get from Prishtina to Podgorica, Montenegro.

3. Friendly people. Everyone I met was very nice and helpful. There was a slight language barrier, but people still tried to help me as much as possible. Some times they were even almost too nice- giving me free shots all the time!

4. Great coffee.You enjoy spending long hours drinking coffee and gossiping in the sunshine in the presence of many old men doing the same thing. Cause lets be honest, there is not a ton to do here. This is a primary activity and it is golden. The coffee here will knock your socks off as a bonus.

5. Relaxing, non-touristy country. Although I firmly believe that this should change, people generally know Kosovo for its recent and turbulent past. People that know better however, go here because its a good place to relax. No tourists means that not everything revolves around tourism, which means no one is bothering you all the time to buy stuff. Plus, none of those annoying groups of tourists following a guide around, taking pictures of everything under the sun, blocking the walk-ways.

6. Awesome history. The Balkans are layered in so much history that its mind blowing, and Kosovo is no exception. You have the most recent, Soviet occupation and horrors. In the capital you will see miles of giant block housing complexes, where people were forced to live after being removed from their lands. Many times bullet-hole riddled. Then among these ugly blog buildings, you can find monasteries and mosques built in 14th, 15, and 16th century, that somehow survived the Soviets.

7. Very hospitable people. Kosovo is a melting pot of Europe, and for Europes newest country, its doing well for itself. I thought people would be more cold and inverted, but on the contrary I found them very friendly, and eager. Progress is being made rapidly, cities are being rebuilt and people seem optimistic. In Prishtina there is are streets named after Bill Clinton and Tony Blair. Theres even a three story mural of ol Bill on his street.

If you need anything else let me know or write me on my email:   [email protected].

Best,

Kadri

Hello there,

The best part of Prishtina is the center and Germia Park, where you visit restaurants, cafes, and green areas around there.

As a teacher maybe you can search the website of Private schools- through google, I have been looking for a long time  myself to find a job it takes me almost a year to find a regular job anyway I wish you a good luck in your job-hunting or any new oppurtunity.

If you visit Prishtina please don't hesitate to contact me since I am looking for a job as an English-Teacher.

Regards,
Hale.