My fiance is American citizen and she 'll come to Egypt soon

hi everyone
my fiance is American citizen and she 'll come to Egypt soon
and we wanted to get married in Egypt by the American laws
and i wanted to know the steps that we have to do to get married
and finish the visa .
because she have to get back to the US soon and i have to be with her we both christians

I am american and I married my egyptian husand in Cairo in october 2009. this is what we did.

1. go to the US embassy in cairo go downstairs to American citizens services take a number from the machine and wait till your number appers on the screen. go in they will give you some papers to fill out in Eglish and arabic. You can your fiancee  with the arabic part. Go to the counter behind the waiting area and pay the $30 fee take that reciept and the papers back to the ladies in the window. wait till the call your number again. they will have verified the US citizen is free to marry and ask you some questions at that time they will give you a notorized affidavit saying you are free to marry in Egypt. you dont have to have anything translated they will give you what you need.

2. take a taxi to one of the Egyptian ministry of affairs. Either in Mohandessi, abbasia or Maryland gardens. the first is the closest. they will notorize it also and place some stamps on it for small fee. Sat- thurs 9am-3pm

3. go to any post office and ask for a family stamp I believ is cost 40le put that on the affidavit also.

4.Go to Egyptian Ministry of Justice downtown Cairo I believe Abdine. Sat- Wed 9am-1pm & 3pm-5pm  Bring 3copies of your passport your fiancee's Id and 5 passport pictures of each of you also bring your passport and ID's of coourse. if its your first time in Egypt you may need to take it to and office down the street to put a time  stamp on your entry visa which is ridiculous since your visa says right on it when it expires..lol they will then draft up like 5 copies of a marriage cert they will ask about any conditions you want tp include in the contract its simalair to a prenup in US. then they will call you into a  room again and ask a bunch of questions and if you both concet to the marriage. you will need 2 male  witnesses try to bring your own. but my husband and I just asked one of the other grooms to be one our witnesses. you will both have to put your finger print on your photo on each copy of the marriage and you both and your witnesses will have to sign each copy..and thats it your now married  it takes up to 10 days to recieve your copy of marriage cert.

ps. they dont give you anything saying you are married in those first 10days so you may have trouble if you plan to stay in a hotel.. but you can draft an orfi contract(paper marriage) and get it notorized to use until you get the original marriage cert. im sure your fiance will help you with that  my husband and I honeymooned in Sharm and it took us like 6hrs to find a hotel that would accept us without a marriage cert..lol good time

oh and from your post it seems like you plan to try for your green card so you can travel to the US. If you marry this way it will be accepted as valid marriage in US but you will have to get your marriage cert translated into English.

hope this helps