Meeting people in Amsterdam

Hey there!
I'm from Russia and I'm in Amsterdam for 2,5 years now. Throughout my stay here, I tried different ways to meet new people, find good places to hang out and build a network. Now I want to share my knowledge and experiences with the expats in this area. What is the best way to do it?

The best way to do it is to pick hopeless case like me and guide him xD. I am here for more than 7 years. Graduated from Vrij university A`dam. Yet I am still lost in this country. Dont know how to find a decent job, where to meet people. Tried online (jobs, dating, etc) but nothing works for me :(

OMG,  you are indeed hopeless  :D

What you studied at the VU and how come that you still feel lost?

Beats me! I just cant find any job. I am doing small partime jobs and thats all. I was rejected in every kind of job I tried to apply for, even cleaning jobs. Sometimes its the experience, other times its the Dutch fluency, I was even rejected in simple jobs because I am too high for it, they say! (I have 3 university degrees). Meeting people is another mystery for me. I mean out of work relations I have no idea how people meet each other here.

Hi, that will be nice, Would you be interested in  hanging out with expats in Amsterdam? Also a good way to expand your network , while having fun.

Hi, well things happen, but definitely not the end. My name is Nene, living in Amsterdam. Would you like to invite you for an expat hangout in Amsterdam. You hang out with other expat who live in netherlands. A good way to expand your network , while having fun. Thanks

Hey Nene, it would be my pleasure to hangout with you.  :)