Share Taxi from kemang, south jakarta to central park, west jakarta

Hi everybody,

As we all know the traffic in jakarta is big headache and it kills us all to drive at a speed of 10-20Km/hr and wait for hours in car doing nothing. Worse i didn't see any good public transportation for long distances.

My office is at central park, West Jakarta and I will be living in South Jakarta, kemang.
The only thing stopping me from choosing south Jakarta for accommodation is the TRAFFIC.
I am ready to wait 1-2hrs in the car to reach office provided i don't have to drive, with internet we all can finish a lot of work during this time if we have free hands. like reading news or novel, checking private mails, facebook or even just taking a quick nap  :sleep

I need some help in terms of transportation:
1. Is there any company or agency that provide the service of share cab, where they pick up 3-4 people during the peak morning office hour and drops to their office/nearby. And same for the evening office hour.
2. Are there any people interested in sharing a cab from South Jakarta to West Jakarta, say 7am in the morning pickup from ranch market,kemang and 6pm evening pickup from central park.

Please feel free to bring forward any kind of ideas!!!

Move closer?

gaurav19 wrote:

Hi everybody,

As we all know the traffic in jakarta is big headache and it kills us all to drive at a speed of 10-20Km/hr and wait for hours in car doing nothing. Worse i didn't see any good public transportation for long distances.

My office is at central park, West Jakarta and I will be living in South Jakarta, kemang.
The only thing stopping me from choosing south Jakarta for accommodation is the TRAFFIC.
I am ready to wait 1-2hrs in the car to reach office provided i don't have to drive, with internet we all can finish a lot of work during this time if we have free hands. like reading news or novel, checking private mails, facebook or even just taking a quick nap  :sleep

I need some help in terms of transportation:
1. Is there any company or agency that provide the service of share cab, where they pick up 3-4 people during the peak morning office hour and drops to their office/nearby. And same for the evening office hour.
2. Are there any people interested in sharing a cab from South Jakarta to West Jakarta, say 7am in the morning pickup from ranch market,kemang and 6pm evening pickup from central park.

Please feel free to bring forward any kind of ideas!!!

The idea might work somewhere in Europe but I very much doubt that you find someone for sharing a cab. Only when the person is living at the same complex and working at the same office building.....

Better you look for a place to stay close to your office except you already to Kemang.

Like everyone else, I seriously suggest you to move closer to your work place. There must be some nice place near Central Park. You will be really stressed out if you insist to stay in Kemang and go to West Jakarta everyday to work. Locals will choose to rent a room near their workplace as well.

Although if you really still want to stay at Kemang and don't want to drive a car by yourself, there's other option:
This community called "nebeng-ers" consists of middle class workers that face the same problem. Basically it's a win win solution for people who drive car/ motorcycle and people who need to go to places. The member who drive car/ motorcycle will give information about their route (where's the pick-up spot and finish line) and the member who need a ride will share money for gas/ foods/ anything that agreed with both parties.

Is it safe? Only registered member (with clear and detailed bio) could give or ask for a ride. And so far, If you have twitter account, ask them in here. Also, check out this article (in english) about nebeng.com.

Iam hoping to first start living in south and then slowly figure out the way. lets try for couple of months and if it doesn't work out then I can always move back to west but if i never try i will never know if there was a way.
Thanks for the information on nebeng.com  it will be very helpful and might just be my answer to south-west traffic.

gaurav19 wrote:

Iam hoping to first start living in south and then slowly figure out the way. lets try for couple of months and if it doesn't work out then I can always move back to west but if i never try i will never know if there was a way.
Thanks for the information on nebeng.com  it will be very helpful and might just be my answer to south-west traffic.

Ah I see, good then. Sure, no problem :top:
That community is quite a good idea for Jakarta's traffic