Renting in Hoi An

I'm coming over in September 16 th.....looking to move there. It would be nice to rent somewhere local which doesn't flood and near expats as well as viet families

Dear Robyn,
I wonder that you move to Hoi An some of days for traveling or living?
I am living in Cam Chau, Hoi An which ward is not so much effect of flood.

pipo-hoian wrote:

Hoi An is on pretty flat ground, I mean for miles around, and a few inches variation in depth doesn't relieve the misery.

Then there's the wind ... it has little respect for anything!

Jaitch wrote:
pipo-hoian wrote:

Hoi An is on pretty flat ground, I mean for miles around, and a few inches variation in depth doesn't relieve the misery.

Then there's the wind ... it has little respect for anything!

In the winter season, there are few days that has flood. But the main location is effected that Hoi An ancient town, where is near Bach Dang river (you can check on google map). only some stresses are along the river which is effect of flood.

Hi. I've been living in CamThanh for just over 4 months and it's a great place, very friendly and nice and easy.
I pay $300 per/month for a 1 bedroom,lounge,kitchen/dine,shower/toilet and laundry and all extras are included.
It's about half way between Hoi An and Cua Dai beach.
Anything else just ask. :-)

Cam Thanh is very great place for living. Fresh, quiet and not far from the town.

Hi my is sky u y u chose that particular location  ,Canthanh???

Hello,
My husband and I are new to this site, we are looking at retiring in Hoi An in a couple of years and would like some information regarding renting a property and maybe some part time work. My husband is a commercial construction carpenter/supervisor  and i work in customer service ( check in agent at Melbourne airport).
We have visited Vietnam several times and fall in love more and more with every visit, so we are looking forward to living there.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks
jackchris

Welcome to the site Hoian.

It would be happy to welcome many people around the world to visit and live in here. Regarding your wish to rent a house, can you describe a little bit like how many rooms, and also budget (can ***) and then I could find and give you out many options. According to my knowledge now, in Hoi an, there is an estate office to support foreigners to get the place.

Cheers,

H

Hi Thanh Hien Pham
Thank you for your reply, we would like a furnished 2 bedroom unit or house with kitchen and bathroom ( around $400-450 month) can you please give us the real estate agents details if you know them, we really appreciate your help.
Many thanks
jackchris

Hi Jackchris,

Cellphone: +***
Site: **

It seems that this real estate company established and run by a foreigner name Alex. You can have a look and check it out with this guy.

However, If you feel free and happy, just contact me and off course, I can bring to you the most satisfied things in your choices.

Welcome you to my hometown.

Cheers,

H

Thanh Hien Pham,
You seem to be so friendly and helpful.  I hope I can contact you when I move to Hoi An later this year.
Cheers,
Ken

Hi Blue

Since you are actually out there you may be able to offer a quick but really helpful bit of info.

I have passed through Hoi An a few times on my travel but around March next year we fancy relocating there for 4 or 5 months (or more, we have a habit of that) after the summer in Spain and then a few months in India over xmas.

Basically looking for good quality accommodation, will be working on line so needs to be in an area with good wifi but flexible in location and cost (not crazy high).

Would want to be close to Hoi An but will buy a moped so doesn't have to be in it.

Any websites you recommend to find good 2 bedroom property, a house with garden would be great, even better with a pool but then we are probably getting in to silly money so not required.

Any info you could provide would be much appreciated in terms of agencies and also areas that you recommend.

Agencies might overcharge online (I don't know) but if you think its better to just turn up and find something then that advise is also appreciated.

Answer with anything and we'll treat you to a meal and a beer (well several - I'm Scottish) when we arrive.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Lee

KenLiss wrote:

Thanh Hien Pham,
You seem to be so friendly and helpful.  I hope I can contact you when I move to Hoi An later this year.
Cheers,
Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks. Definitely if you want.

Cheers,

Hien

I'm looking for a furnished one bedroom apartment possibly in Cam Thanh.  Something in the $300 to $400/month range.  I will be in Hoi An on the 22nd of September.   Who would I talk to for something like this?  Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Hi Kenny4949,

I did mention the company as above, you can have a look and contact him for some help/info. I think they're going to give you the one you want, for sure.

Kr, H

I am very keen to come and rent ini ally but in the future buy....are you still living there.please advise

We are arriving in Hoi An mid January, 2017.  There are 2 couples and we are hoping to rent a place for 2-3 months.  Any recommendations of an agent or website to use to find somewhere suitable would be helpful.

Hi BlueCheer - I'm currently in Chiang Mai until mid-April 2020. Am going to get a 3 months visa for Vietnam to check it out. I'd like to meet you in Cam Thanh. Have you a suggestion on where to stay in Hoi An upon arrival? I'm planning to leave around Feb. 15.  Cheers, Phil

bluecheer wrote:

Hi. I've been living in CamThanh for just over 4 months and it's a great place, very friendly and nice and easy.
I pay $300 per/month for a 1 bedroom,lounge,kitchen/dine,shower/toilet and laundry and all extras are included.
It's about half way between Hoi An and Cua Dai beach.
Anything else just ask. :-)

knighterrant wrote:

Hi BlueCheer - I'm currently in Chiang Mai until mid-April 2020. Am going to get a 3 months visa for Vietnam to check it out. I'd like to meet you in Cam Thanh. Have you a suggestion on where to stay in Hoi An upon arrival? I'm planning to leave around Feb. 15.  Cheers, Phil

He posted in SEPTEMBER 2014.

Might not be following this thread any longer.

Better to try and send him a private message.

Also, please learn to use the quote function.

Cheers!

knighterrant wrote:

Hi BlueCheer - I'm currently in Chiang Mai ........

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Hi OceanBeach92107 - Can you explain to us all why using the quote function is such a necessity if one begins one's post with "Hi and the username" of the person one is addressing or asking a question of?

You may be right that some posts are confusing as to whom they are addressed, but this does not seem to be such a case. knighterrant was clearly addressing BlueCheer.  There are obviously ways other than the quote function to signify the object of your comment.  Useful as the quote function may be, you seem to be a bit obsessed about it.

THIGV wrote:

Can you explain to us all why using the quote function is such a necessity if one begins one's post with "Hi and the username" of the person one is addressing or asking a question of?

I tend to quote the post I answer in order to make life easy for anyone reading my musings to see what I'm referring to.
Not essential, but often handy. :)

THIGV wrote:
knighterrant wrote:

Hi BlueCheer - I'm currently in Chiang Mai ........

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Hi OceanBeach92107 - Can you explain to us all why using the quote function is such a necessity if one begins one's post with "Hi and the username" of the person one is addressing or asking a question of?

You may be right that some posts are confusing as to whom they are addressed, but this does not seem to be such a case. knighterrant was clearly addressing BlueCheer.  There are obviously ways other than the quote function to signify the object of your comment.  Useful as the quote function may be, you seem to be a bit obsessed about it.

You seem to be obsessed with me.

And you are a hypocrite.

Do I really need to search through your posts when you have complaints about.the very same thing?

In the specific case of this person, he is a new poster, and the post referred to was buried back in the thread.

I think my observation was appropriate

Gentlemen, perhaps we could calm down a little, please. :)

PhamThiHoangOanh wrote:

<span>[Post under review]</span>

Always check the date of the post you are replying to. This thread started 6 years ago.

@Thanh Hien Pham is there something with three bedrooms two bathrooms I have no idea how to convert the money what would that be a month?

@Thanh Hien Pham is there something with three bedrooms two bathrooms I have no idea how to convert the money what would that be a month?
-@SHANNON RAY

Hello SHANNON RAY, and welcome to expat.com!

The post you are replying to, from member Thanh Hien Pham, is almost 8 years old. Further, the member has not been active on the forum for 4 years, so it is doubtful that you will receive a response from them. I suggest you visit the Hoi An forum, here, and open a new topic.

For topics related to expat life in Vietnam in general, see here.Feel free to contribute to any of the ongoing threads there or, again, open your own new topic for discussion. Many helpful folk here at expat.com.

Once more, welcome aboard, and hope to hear from you again soon.

-@SHANNON RAY

To Google the current exchange rate search:

1 USD to VND

(currently ₫23,642.50 VNĐ) 

or (for example)

12,000,000 VND to USD

(currently $507.56 USD)

Keep in mind that exchange rates change continually, and can be more or less favorable after signing a lease.

To find the lodging you require, try searching for the group:

Hoi An Houses Apartments for Rent / Hội An Cho Thuê Nhà

on Face.b.oo.k.

Currently a 3 bedroom 2 bath house (apartments of that size are fewer here in Hội An) will be anywhere between ₫10 million VNĐ to ₫20 Million VNĐ per month on a 1 year lease; more if you rent short term.

Good luck with your search!