Voidable marriage

I am seeking an advice regarding a void and voidable marriage.

I am a Filipina and married to a Sri Lankan national. Unfortunately, within more than 2 years if our marriage, the love I have for him is gone because of the way he treats me. I wanted to be out of this marriage as I cannot live with him the rest of my life.

I started reading the Philippine Family Code. On chapter 3 under Marriage it was stated that marriagse solemnized without a marriage license is void and voidable from the beginning.

He came to the Phils Jan 3, 2012 and we applied a marriage license the same day. Since his stay in the Phils is only 15 days, we decided to do the wedding ceremony on Jan 8, 2012.  The person who solemnized the wedding is not a judge, he is appointed by the mayor to solemnize a wedding. Our marriage license was issued dates Jan 16, 2012 thus on the marriage certificate the wedding date is Jan 16, 2012. Then the marriage was registered to NSO.

Is our marriage considered void and voidable from the beginning for the reason that we so not have a license when we got married?  What should I do to annul this marriage as it was registered to NSO.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

good morning kabayan,

you have to check with NSO whether your marriage certificate is officially registered. otherwise it is not existing. normally, if you are not sure of your marriage yet, you must keep on holding your civil wedding certificate and throw it away later once not worthy.

the man who solemnized your marriage even if appointed by the mayor  is official.
annulment in Philippines is quite tough if done in real process. once you are registered as married, it is as good as for life. when you get a CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) it will always appear that you are already marriage.

regards,

NeriLou wrote:

I am seeking an advice regarding a void and voidable marriage.
I am a Filipina and married to a Sri Lankan national. Unfortunately, within more than 2 years if our marriage, the love I have for him is gone because of the way he treats me. I wanted to be out of this marriage as I cannot live with him the rest of my life.
I started reading the Philippine Family Code. On chapter 3 under Marriage it was stated that marriagse solemnized without a marriage license is void and voidable from the beginning.
He came to the Phils Jan 3, 2012 and we applied a marriage license the same day. Since his stay in the Phils is only 15 days, we decided to do the wedding ceremony on Jan 8, 2012.  The person who solemnized the wedding is not a judge, he is appointed by the mayor to solemnize a wedding. Our marriage license was issued dates Jan 16, 2012 thus on the marriage certificate the wedding date is Jan 16, 2012. Then the marriage was registered to NSO.
Is our marriage considered void and voidable from the beginning for the reason that we so not have a license when we got married?  What should I do to annul this marriage as it was registered to NSO.
Thank you in advance for your advice.

I have heard a lot of nightmares as such...*lovebirds* are different during the times of courtship, and dating.
People will only realize their mistake...after marriage...it seems that you have your papers on a fix...and even registered in to NSO.  Annulment, as they say, is costly, and you'll need expert lawyer's advice to get out of this one...
Or, as a pre-emptive measure, try to escape and just leave your husband be...hide! or you can even file charges to court if ha has assaulted or mistreated you.

If you are in Saudi Arabia, and you can convert to Muslim, then the marriage will automatically be cancelled. But this should be your believes not for a temporarily purpose, I told you this because one of my neighbors is a Filipina from Mindanao, who was married with South Asian guy and was facing with  the same issue.

mustafasd1 wrote:

If you are in Saudi Arabia, and you can convert to Muslim, then the marriage will automatically be cancelled. But this should be your believes not for a temporarily purpose, I told you this because one of my neighbors is a Filipina from Mindanao, who was married with South Asian guy and was facing with  the same issue.

Well, if in case, they are both non-muslims...as you say, Girl converts, and marriage is considered "cancelled" or unlawful...but what if the guy also converts? :D she'll be just back in hell in no time...

Popo....If either of them convert, then the marriage will automatically been cancelled, even if the guy convert it will be cancelled, because it was not based on Islam, so , she has no need to worry about what you mentioned.  As I said before this will be valid under all circumstances, however, it should be workable for her if she  believe in Islam, but  if only want to solve this issue only, this will never work out because she will find her self solve a problem but may brought to her self another serious problem.

Another thing: what do you mean by back to hell? We are not talking about hell here, someone has a problem and seeking a solution, we are trying to suggest her  our point of view which are definitely not mandatory for her to work with them or not. I am here talking about a real case from the real life and happened here in this country.