Urgent Help regarding Professional Visit Pass

Dear All ,

I am an Indian and working as a full time Technical consultant for a swiss company. I invoice them every month a fixed amount as per the consultant  agreement and later they pay me to my Indian Account . Since my Salary comes to Indian account i pay the teax in india.

Now the real question ---

As per part of my job i need to travel to many countries however majority is Penang , Malaysia.

For last one year when i applied for visa in India i got social visit pass and i came to malaysia many times to do quality audit of the product . To be more precise i was around 10-15 days and sometimes 20-25 days every month for the same.

Once one year was finish and i again applied for the visa than it was rejected and later i was informed that i needs to apply for the professional visit pass. For PVP the inviting company in malaysia whom we give big orders applied and later i got the PVP for 6 Months.

After my first visit i was informed by someone in malaysian company that i need to pay 26% tax , Need you advise against the same statement as -

why do I  need to pay tax here as i am coming here to check the quality of my orders and i am already paying tax in india .Also i am not charging any single money form the malaysian supplier for the my visits , stays and other such services.

Money transfer is happening between my parent company in swiss and india account ....

need your answers on this and also if you have any questions to give a better reply feel free to ask.

You need to apply for status under the Double Taxation treaty that India has with Malaysia. That way you will only be taxed once, in India.

Dear Gravitas ,

Thanks for the reply...still i have a doubt...firstly we are giving big business and the supplier is earning lots of money , secondly we are also offering the technical support to supplier free of cost , so why so complicated process ? any simple ideas you know or a person who can find the solution.Thanks in Advance.

The Double Taxation route is the only way.  You just fill in a form and send it to the tax office in Malaysia and they give you a confirmation that you do not have to pay tax in Malaysia, because you are not paid any salary or income in Malaysia. SIMPLE.

http://www.tradechakra.com/economy/mala … en-218.php

ok thanks a lot...

thanks