International calls and internet phone

Hello,
I'll be moving to vietnam this October from Korea and was wondering how much it costs for you to call overseas. I'm assuming there are prepaid phone cards for international calls. If you could kindly find out what the costs are specifically to Korea and the US, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, in Korea there is an internet phone that costs just a few dollars a month that you can use for domestic and international calls at a fraction of the normal cost. Is there such a thing in Vietnam?

Thanks for your help and I may ask a whole bunch more in the near future.

Hello Jenneroni

Today with smartphones and apps like whatsapp or Line, you can make calls and send messages over the internet at very low cost.

I invite you to check out threads in our Telecommunications in Vietnam forum to gather practical infos.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

You may use Viber (3G) or Skype. As long as there is WiFi, 3G, internet cable, you can use your phone for free ( only internet or 3G fee )

Thanks guys for the help.

I do use something like viber that I use to talk to my mom 3-5 hours weekly for free who's in the states. The thing is I'll be calling into the company offices in Korea and the US and I'd rather not use an app to call out.

How much do you guys pay a minute when you're dialing home?

Also, is the call quality good? Not sure but when I tried to call a korean bank in hcmc, I could barely hear them speak. I made repeated calls and they were all pretty bad. I hope it was just a bad connection and not something that occurs frequently.

Thanks a bunch!

Hi..
Assuming that you can read and speak Korean, get a local Korean magazine issued in HCMC. You can get it easily at any Korean groceries.
There are many internet phone providers advertising their business on the magazine. Call one of them. They will come to your place to install the internet phone. The price per a call should not be much different to as in Korea.