What to wear?

I want to know what are teachers wearing in GZ, I'm aussie and will be there at the end of Aug and want to know what the english teachers are wearing in the hot climate?

Also do you wear light or heavy makeup? If your from Mel its heavy or Syd very light next to nothing....

HELP

which kind of school are u stay in? if there is no rules for clothes. how to wear up to you. but u cant wear to hot. we chinese think teachers should look serious and nice and should make good example for students. if u are lady u can wear dresses not only trousers. about make up i think light is ok.

Dear Nadia,

Thanks for you reply, I had to see what  CHinese culture dictates for teaching, I expected half as much as my Chinese teacher here always was dressed smartly. Thanks for your help, it'll help focus my work clothese towards a certain standard now, and make it easier to pack. HOw about the heat? lol! And I actually went back through the contract and found a section just on dress so it's good to confirm, most people don't consider teaching as a profession but I do and want to dress accordingly. Plus it's fun!

The Librarian look?

Depends on your school! LOL! Currently Im the replacement librarian for my school before going to GZ! And it's too casual lol!

you are weclome kaixi27. most chinese teacher wont wear formal clothes(im sorry i dont know if formal clothes is the right word) especially female teachers. i know some foreign male teacher who always wear formal to go to classes. when will u come to guangzhou ? which scholl will u stay in? by the way the school may have some rules which foreign teacher may feel confused. lol i hopeu wont meet this kind of problem.

Hi Nadia,

The school I';m going to has actually said in the contract business dress required and I only found this yesterday rereading my contract! It sounds like a very stict school but very professional and that's what I want. I found it hard to stay completely focused if it's too casual and the teachers dress like the students.

I'll be working in a kindy school attached to Sun Yat sen (Ithink...?) or zhongshan daxue, sounds pretty go so far, I get to GZ in AUG. Can't wait!

lol welcome. aug is coming. if u work in a kindy school i dont think u need to wear business dress.
sun yat sen university is good university. i guess u have read some material about sun yat sen. he is a great man in china. the university 's name come from his name.