Looking for teachers in King Saud University

Hello everyone,
I am still in the U.S. in the process of getting my visa so lots of paperwork and packing going on.  I'm hoping to get to know some women who work at KSU or will work in the near future.  I was hired through ICEAT  but understand that I won't be on a compound, so I'm wondering about places to exercise and socialize.  I understand that cafes are off limits to women except at some of the malls.  Do women usually get together in their homes or meet at cafes? I have lots of questions about living in Riyadh. 

-Lorinda

there are plenty of places for women to exercise in Riyadh ... also the blog has a wonderful resource, where they've added places for shopping, visiting etc in Riyadh...

you can access it via this link -- https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=187444

Thanks for your feedback.  I'm hoping to meet women to socialize with in Riyadh.

you will make friends at KSU ... the co-workers usually bond well, it's not a given - but for the most part you will find somebody with similar interests

Thanks.  Are you with KSU or another university?

Also check the International Job Forums on www.eslcafe.com

It is the #1 site for ESL jobs and for discussions related to employers and for asking general questions regarding jobs, employers, facilities, socializing, etc.

Hello friends on the forum,
Can anyone tell me whether or not KSU accepts hand-delivered resumes?
Thanks in advance

hi Lorinda

I work for KSU and ICEAT. It's my third year with them and can't be happier. ICEAT is a great company,we have the best CEO there is. We don't live in a compound but you can visit a lot of compounds in Riyadh. They offer dance classes,yoga classes,etc. You can also visit cafes,restaurants, beauty salons,etc in compounds. It's very easy to make friends in Riyadh and you get invited to compounds,embassy parties and lots of other events all the time. Also,there are cafes women can go to,a lot of places in fact. There are organised desert walks which are a lot of fun and great way to meet people. If you are a sociable person,you will have a lot of fun here.

I'm so happy to hear about your great experience.  Do we need an invitation to the compounds to go to cafes and restaurants and attend classes?

In some compounds you do but in some compounds you don't.There are some compounds that will let you in if you make a reservation in their restaurant. For classes you need to be on their list to get in their compounds.