Husband wife both foreigners married in Phil, how they can divorce?

Dear all am seeking some help for my friend who is a foreigner (not Philippino ) and married to foreigner women (not Philippino). I want to ask if they want to divorce, what's the best way to do so?

Please suggest thanks

As far as the law of marriage in the country is concern, there is no divorce mandated and in the situation u are trying to ask for an answer if both parties were not a Filipino citizens and been married from another country, u cannot file for even a legal separation here in the Philippines. That is in my opinion and quite learnings and observations.

Hassanalishah wrote:

Dear all am seeking some help for my friend who is a foreigner (not Philippino ) and married to foreigner women (not Philippino). I want to ask if they want to divorce, what's the best way to do so?

Please suggest thanks

They should contact their Embassy for information.

dynastyneth wrote:

As far as the law of marriage in the country is concern, there is no divorce mandated and in the situation u are trying to ask for an answer if both parties were not a Filipino citizens and been married from another country, u cannot file for even a legal separation here in the Philippines. That is in my opinion and quite learnings and observations.

Thanks for suggestion. A small correction, both parties are foreigners but they married and registered their marriage in Philippines and it was a court marriage rather then Church. How you suggest in such situation?

stumpy wrote:
Hassanalishah wrote:

Please suggest thanks

They should contact their Embassy for information.

Agree, let me ask them to approach their embassies

Sorry to hear about your friends but there's no divorce here in philippines. Unless they'll file an annulment but its a long proccess. Civil wedding here is more legal and registered than church wedding.

Iammarieaisha wrote:

Sorry to hear about your friends but there's no divorce here in philippines. Unless they'll file an annulment but its a long proccess. Civil wedding here is more legal and registered than church wedding.

Oh I see. I think they can do it I'm their home countries in case right?

They may file annulment (or divorce in other countries) to the national country of either husband or the wife or where they have celebrated first their marriage. Assuming that their national law is the same as that of the Philippine law. :)

Hope this helps!

professor cebu wrote:

They may file annulment (or divorce in other countries) to the national country of either husband or the wife or where they have celebrated first their marriage. Assuming that their national law is the same as that of the Philippine law. :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestion but they celebrated and registered in Phil

Hassanalishah wrote:
professor cebu wrote:

Hope this helps!

Then you have to look at their national law of the spouse who filed the case if his/her law recognizes our jurisdiction and will be binding upon them. :)

professor cebu wrote:
Hassanalishah wrote:
professor cebu wrote:

Hope this helps!

Then you have to look at their national law of the spouse who filed the case if his/her law recognizes our jurisdiction and will be binding upon them. :)

Or maybe, either one of them wants to get married here again in the Philippines?

Popolocroix wrote:
professor cebu wrote:
Hassanalishah wrote:

Or maybe, either one of them wants to get married here again in the Philippines?

not unless both of them are legally free and capacitated to marry again.

hi
consult a small local lawyer for the best advice
helpall