ABHA - Saudi Arabia

Dear Friends,

I'm planing to visit Abha on next October.Want to clarify few things such as car rentals,Accommodation etc..
Is there anybody who can assist me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.. :)

Chamika

Hello Chamika,
Abha is a wonderful place... All time cool weather + small town/city. There are car rentals available.. Starting from 50 sr till i guess 200 Sr but there is no taxi available but private taxis are available but be carefully about selecting a taxi.. If you are planning to visit with ur family better to rent a car from abha.. You can fly to abha or via saptco bus or by ur car.. if u wish to travel by ur car be careful roads having pin curves and crazy heights. Bus takes 15 Hrs + and you can find cheap fair for flights sometime around 300 sr ( Flynas ). Accommodation depends on u. starting from 100 Sr till 500 Sr.. If you are looking for a decent room ( Suite ) it will cost you around 200 Sr and you can bargain in prices cos they are not fixed they charge as per the ppl ( As Always ).

I Hope this helps you.. even if u get time visit Khamees mushaid which is 20 + km far from Abha.

Need more help feel free to msg me :)

Akarsh :) Njoy

Dear Akrash,

Thank you very much for your details.Its very helpful. I'm planing to go Abha with my family and another few friends also..I have few questions if you cam assist me.

~ From Riyadh there are 2 roads i believe to abha if we drive which is the better?
~ Accommodation u mentioned suppose if its a suite, the charges will be per head or for the room ?
~ Can u recommend any calm place for accommodation and do we have to book it before we go there?
~ How can we find the cable cars,Al haballah etc.. can we communicate with people there in English :(